An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: There is a black line down the middle of the page...
When you say "It does not do this when we are printing directly from our PCs" do you mean this printer is networked? And are you connecting a computer to it manually to print correctly? Or are you printing to another local printer that is attached to your machine?
Either A) the printer in question needs cleaned or has another problem. B) has incorrect drivers installed on the clients printing to it. or C) Has a problem with the network.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem may be from either from the toner cartridge or the settings of the printer. change the toner first and see whether he problem still persist and also make sure that the settings of the printer on your system is ok, if the problem still persist after doing all this then it implies that you need to service your printer.
Does this happen both when copying and printing? For printing solution, try another toner cartridge. If lines continue to appear when copying (primarily through the automatic feeder) then lift the auto feeder, and clean the glass -mainly the narrow piece on the left side.
clean the print heads and run clean cartridge utility from printer properties window.after that
disconnect the power and usb cable from the back of the printer and press and hold down the
power button for 30 sec and then reconnect the cables and try again...open the backdoor and
try to move the rollers in upward direction.
I will give you all the reasons I can think of.
1, If the line is only there when running through a document feeder and not there off the glass. The small strip of glass directly under the document feeder is dirty.
2. The drum has a scratch on it, or the cleaning blade is not cleaning the drum properly. Would require that cartridge replacement.
3. The fuser roller may be work in the middle. You would notice some reprinting , or ghost copying if that were bad.
4. Less likely would be some piece of fuzz in the light path, or a small piece of paper or tape in the paper path smearing the ink across the page.
If your machine prints, see if the line is on a print, if its on a print and not on the copy then it is scanner related.