Question about HP Pavilion dv8000z Notebook
I have a dell desktop PC and I changed my dell keyboard to sun one just because it is more comfortable and better to the touch, anyway I got some keys mixed up, is it possible to correct it? I would hate to come back to the old keyboard. Thanks
There probly no way for you to fix this but the manufacturer can. Call them or go back to where you bought it and ask for a new one and tell them that this one's keys are scrambled up
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 20, 2014 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 06, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Aug 09, 2012 | Dell Latitude 110L Notebook
Mar 24, 2012 | Dell Latitude D620 Notebook
The Fn key (also known as the Function key) is a feature found on most laptop computers. The Fn key allows keys on a laptop computer's keyboard to serve more than one function, a clever way of increasing the utility of the keyboard when space is limited. Dell laptops make good use of the Fn key, and if you own a Dell laptop, you should be aware of where the key is and how to use it. So i hope this will help you.
Jul 20, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop
How to fix Keyboard problems:
1. Due to wear and tear, the keys for certain characters on a keyboard will wear out. This happens for more commonly used characters. If the problem is due to loose or improper contact, you can try to fix the key back. If this does not work, you can replace the key with a new key purchased from a computer store. Love your keyboard by handling it gentle.
2. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. You need to change them or test the driver.
Go to My Computer :::>Hardware:::>Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Hardware:::> uninstall keyboard. Restart the computer, the keyboard should get reinstalled automatically.The keyboard should start working again. If not so get keyboard drivers by updating windows or manufacturer web site.
Always use computer or antivirus protection - run a free computer antivirus scan or any other anti-virus since virus can corrupt system files. get one now!
3. Try to swap the keyboard with another keyboard which works properly on another computer. If the alternate keyboard has the same problem, there may be a problem with the keyboard circuit on motherboard.
If the alternate keyboard works properly, check if the keyboard cable is properly connected, whether wires in the keyboard cable are connected properly.
4. Open out the keyboard and check if the keyboard fuse is working. If the fuse has blown, replace it with another fuse of the same rating and size.
5. If you spill water or any liquid on the keyboard, switch off the computer immediately. Unplug the keyboard, turn the keyboard upside down and keep it out for drying either in the sun or under a fan. If some other sticky fluid has been spilled on the keyboard, use a moist cotton swab or ear bud to clean computer or wipe away the fluid. Only when it is completely dry, (it will take a minimum of 24 hours depending on the weather), connect the keyboard back to your computer.
6. For USB keyboard change the USB ports or unplug the keyboard from the USB port then plug it back until it responds or detected. Usually the keyboard led(indicator) lighting up should show a successful connection.
7. Set the speed of character repeatation. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
8. Set the blinking rate of cursor. For windowsXP Start:::>Control panel:::>Keyboard:::>Speed:::>make adjustments.
9. Go for a typing course or tutorial on how to use keboard features.
10. For discolouration or fading of white keyboard. Use good computer cleaners,soft cloth, whiteners or vinegar mixed with water to keep the original white colour or clean. don't use bleach or rough material to clean. disconnect the power supply. switching to good black keyboard can comfort you.
Dec 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop
Jun 25, 2010 | Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook N5010 Notebook
Jan 06, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
Nov 11, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Jul 17, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv8000z Notebook
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: