Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
SOURCE: paper shredder
The only solution with respect to safety is to order a new switch from the companuy that manufactures/sells this shredder, and mount it according to the manufacturer/sales company's instructions.
If you want to bypass the safety of the machine, just keep the cables (should be 2, + eventually a ground cable) open, or shorted, depending of the machine's configuration. Remember that this is on your or your collegaues own risk!! A shredder can easily bite your finger off!
Posted on Jan 06, 2008
If I am unsuccessful in locating the replacement gear for my AS1200X, I will joyfully sell you my unit-for parts.
Posted on Feb 24, 2008
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Their are sensors on top and bottom of cutter asm. Good chance one or more are dirty, blocked with paper shreds or just bad. Clean with compressed air and lightly moistened cotton swab.
I’m happy to help further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/jayw_0e86fb055a7b73de
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2016 | Office Depot Ativa X1800 Shredder
Jul 20, 2014 | Fellowes Powershred PS-65C Shredder
Jan 22, 2014 | OfficeMax 0M96431 Shredder
Jan 26, 2011 | Aurora Electronics AS1018CD Shredder
May 25, 2010 | Royal 85X Shredder
Jun 01, 2009 | Tech Solution TS-8000 Cross-Cut Shredder
Jun 12, 2008 | Olympia 1280.6 Shredder
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!