An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: zoom button does not work
Go get some Electronic Contact cleaner and on the Side of the Toggle switch spay a little bit in the front and rear of the switch ,Make sure the Battery is out and spray the rocker up underneath to get to the Tact switch,Rock the rocker back and forth several times to clean the switches,The Contact clear will dry quickly,After dueing this let dry for 5 Min put batt and try it good luck Let me know if this works ttech
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the flash is faulty, it will most likely be to expensive to repair. You can still use the camera, though. Indoor photos will be to dark unless you turn off the flash. Cycle through the flash modes untill you get the Suppressed Flash symbol. Flash mode button is next to the zoom button. Watch out for camera shake when shooting indoor without flash.
Possibly a intermittent connection in the control buttons or the ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connector from the controls to the main PCB. Take it in for servicing, they will do a trial by substitution (swap out control) and lubricate the connector. There isn't really anything you can do to fix with this sort of problem.
Your zoom may be turned off, here is how you can turn it back on: When you are about to take a picture, press the little menu button, then press down until it says digital zoom, if the little black box is over-top of 'off' change it to say 'on'. Hope this helps.....and makes sense.
We have a Canon A520 and it was having all the symptoms noted. Searched for a resolution on numerous sites including the Canon Support site. While on the Canon Support site, I found an FAQ on "How to RESET the A520". Turn camera on, find and hold MENU button for 5+ seconds until "Reset settings to default?" screen appears. Arrow over to OK and press the SET button. When we did this the battery low indicator showed, replaced batteries with standard alkaline batteries. Everything functions properly, with no additional problems for the past 5 days. I guess the camera just lost its mind and had to be defaulted and rebooted, hope this helps.
1. With power off, press the MODE button to select the DATE mode.
2. Press the zoom out (three trees) button for more than two seconds to enter the date/time set mode.
3. Press the zoom out (three trees) button to select year, month, day, hour, or minute (selected number will flash).
4. Use the zoom in (one tree) button to advance the number.
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. to set each value.
6. Press the zoom out (three trees) button until the colon (in the hours:minutes) is flashing. When the colon stops flashing, date and time setting is completed.
7. Press the MODE button and the power will switch off.