I took ny Rio Nitrus apart trying to fix the screen & noticed that the rechargable battery connects to the motherboard with two flimsy little wires and a pinhead worth of solder. If you've tried everything else, it'd be worth your time to take off the back and have a look 'cuz a drop could easily have shaken one of these wires loose.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you look in the hints and tips section for the Rio carbon there are many things I have posted that should help you. I have no hands on knowledge of the hardware of a Nitrus but I understand that it is similar to the carbon.
It says "upgrader" because it is looking for a firmware upgrade - you will not be able to get rid of this message without doing the firmware upgrade - go to the rio website and follow the instructions for doing a fimrware upgrade - the msg will be removed, and you will be good to go
I encountered the same issue with my Nitrus. After following instructions to upgrade firmware, I had the "restarting" message on screen. I then took the unit apart once again. I could hear the drive making a noise. I tapped on the back of the drive with a screwdriver and the player started working properly.
Ok Rio nitrus is great litle thing, and I had the same problem. This is what you should do:
1) download latest firmware for rio nitrus http://www.rioaudio.com/support/rio/downloads/Nitrus/RioNitrus_firmware_123.exe 2) unpack firmware 3) connect Rio Nitrus to your comp; 4)While holding menu buton press power button, you sholud see on display showing UPGRADER text;
5) Then upgrade the firmware ( note that this will erase all the songs- read the read me file that come with firmware);
Although I allready have the same version of firmware v.123 like the one that upgreded this solved the problemm.
Ok. You have reset your device, there is a reset hole next to the DC-in hole.
Then if it still not working then you have to ask for a new lcd screen/ lcd screen module.
That means the LCD of your MP3 Player isn't working anymore.
1) Make sure that you use your MP3 Player carefully. Don't drop it. and put it in a safe place.
2) Charge your Player only when its battery nearly empty.
3) leave some storage available, like 10% of your storage.
4) Unplug it from your PC when you aren't using it.
5) Use safe removal when removing it from your PC.
6) When you don't use it, Shut it down.