My camera will go into record mode and I get a picture on the screen during the recording, however when I attempt to play the recorded scene the playback screen remains blue and nothing comes up on it.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: No playback after recording
Check if you are using with a full battery..
if yes reset the unit and try again..
To reset the Camcorder, remove the battery from the Camcorder, press the Power button for 30 seconds and then reinsert the battery in the Camcder.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Playback no picture? Try to clean the head by inserting cleaning cassette. During camera mode, i don't know if you see anything in your monitor. What you see is what you can record on tape so may be your problem starts from here, please elaborate more.
If your Sony DCR-HC14E shows fine picture in playback of old tapes and does not give live view in camera mode to record then its CDD Imager problem that Sony will repair free of cost. Click Sony CCD Imager Support for details.
Press RECORD/PLAY Button to switch from Record Mode to Playback Mode.
The Playback Mode is for viewing and managing movies and pictures as well as listening to voice and
music on the built-in memory or on an optional memory card.
Operation Display Screen
Press RECORD/PLAY Button ( ) to switch
from Record Mode to Playback Mode Main Menu.
• There are 4 options in the Playback Mode, movie,
picture, music and voice.
• Direction Buttons can be used to select the
• Press OK Button to view movies/pictures, listen to
voice or music.
That's because this is a quad. It compresses all 4 video feeds into 1 file. When you play it back, it decompresses the video and shows you each camera. Playback through this unit is the only way to see 1 camera at a time.
To be able to copy 1 camera shot to a DVD, this is what you need to do:
You need to have a TV with Video in and Video out jacks.
Connect the Quad to the TV Video in jack and connect the TV Video out jack to your DVD Video in jack. Playback a single camera shot on the quad to the TV and hit record on your DVD. - The DVD will record whatever is shown on the TV.
Hi, the solution to the problem seems to be the following. When u press play, once, you get 1x play. If whilst playing you press play a second time the DS-30 goes into slow play mode, and if you press a second time it goes into fast mode. For those of us who accidentally went into either fast or slow mode, just press the play button again, during playback, until "play" appears on the LCD screen. Apparently it is as simple as that.
If it plays back pre recorded tapes then there is nothing wrong with that section of the unit. Does it playback audio and not picture or does it not playback anything.
Also, when trying to playback a recording what is seen of the screen? Snow(black and white dots or wiggly picture?
The unit uses two separate circuits to record and playback tapes. Is any thing else connected to the unit while you are recording? If you are using anything plugged into other ports on the recorder it may not see the camera input causing it to not record anything..
You can see an image in a camcorder viewfinder any time the camera's actually on in record mode, whether or not the camcorder is actually recording. So that's no guarantee.
Assuming the obvious (you have the right kind of tapes, they're not in write-protect mode, you rewind before playing, etc). I recommend that you borrow a tape of the same kind from someone else and check it on playback in your camcorder. This should lead you know understand if you have a playback problem or a recording problem.
* The MPEG Playback function works in M. PLAY mode only.
* You can play moving picture images on the Memory Card.
* To hear sound during MPEG4 playback, you must hook up to a PC and listen to the PC's speaker. (You cannot hear it from the speaker on the camcorder or a TV)
1. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
2. Set the power switch to PLAYER mode.
3. Press the MENU button and turn the MENU DIAL to highlight MEMORY.
4. Press the ENTER button to enter sub-menu.
5. Use the MENU DIAL to select MPEG4 from the sub-menu. (M. PLAY SELECT)
6. To exit the menu, push the MENU button.
7. Using the (FWD) and (REV) buttons, search for the moving picture that you want to playback.
8. Press the PLAY/STILL button.
The moving pictures recorded on the MEMORY CARD begin playing back.