Scanner error hp officejet 7130xi turn scanner off then on
Whenever I start up my all in one I get that message about the scanner. I saw some answers for another model. One was to take out the glass and clean the bulbs and mirrors. The second was to replace the scanner assy. Which is not an option. I would send it to the auction first and buy a cheaper one
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Too much friction while moving the optical scanner unit.. Open the flat bed scanner lubricate the rail 2. Optical scanner unit faulty,remove the scanner unit open it gently, clean mirrors in side the unit with ear buds re-fix & clean the flat bed mirror neatly especially at home position.. re-fix as it is then check..I suggested this activity for only tec guys..
if you get this error message as scanner failure it would be a hardware issue..
solution you could try is:-
1)connect the printer to the wall outlet and then check by making a copy..if its not working..then try the next step..
2)perform a semifull reset on the printer..(unplug the power cord and then press # 6 button together and then plug in the power cord back and keep pressing those two buttons till the screen says semifull reset or till the scree changes from HP to another scree and then relese those two buttons)
if its still the same then its time for you to change the printer
that error message is nothing to do with the software part, it actaully hardware issue try the following,
1) unplug the machine and connect it to wall outlet directly,
2) unplug the power cord from the printer and press and hold ON for 1 min and release the ON button and plug it back..
3) Disconnect the power cord from the product.Press and hold # and 6 while reconnecting the power cord to the product, and then release both buttons and if printer turns off, turn it back ON and wait until it cmopletes its instialization and if still persists, it a hardware failure...............
I got the same message, repeatedly until i turned the paper around on the glass. I had it it wrong end up! I dont know if this will help but it took me 4 trys to figure it out. I was trained by HP to fully support Officejets and AiO, Compaqs and Pavilion Desktops and HP Notebooks, oldest to the newest.
Our HP Officejet L7780 displays the "Align Printer" message and then does it automatically wasting several sheets of paper aligning, then the next time we print a page the same message comes back. Is there a way to turn off the "align Printer" message. It is printing ok otherwise.