When I eject some games without turning of the xbox 360, the tray ejects but the disk will keep spinning in the tray for a couple of seconds. Only some games do this, while others stop completely and then eject. Any help on how to fix would be appreciated. Also, someone told me that at the dashboard, with a disk in it should not be spinning. Is this true? The game spins but slower than when the game runs.
I had this same problem, so i figured, "what the hell?" i might as well open the dvd drive up and clean it out. so i looked for how to video for taking apart my 360 and opening the dvd drive on you tube( this voids your warantee of course) and i cleaned all the dust out with compressed air and swabs dipped in alchohol. this worked for me so i hope it works for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is likely the same issue occurring when the disk tray will not open either. Suspect your drive belt is worn and requires servicing. This is best done by an xbox servicing agent. Not too expensive. I have been suffering with a tray that will not open for over 2 years now, however, I am able to fix it simply by ensuring a disk is always left in the tray. It only fails to open if there is no disk in the tray. Even then, I can open it by lifting slightly with a paperclip.
If your Xbox 360 DVD drive won’t eject it can be a very simple fix.
The Samsung drive is almost always a very simple fix, if you have another drive, it may be more difficult.
To identify your drive, follow this guide:
• Remove the faceplate by firmly grasping the opening for the USB ports and pulling. • Underneath the DVD tray there should be a small hole. • Look at the wires in the hole to identify which drive type you have.
Red and Black Wires = Samsung Drive Yellow Wires = LiteOn Drive White Wires = BenQ Drive No Wires = Hitachi Drive
It is very common for a Samsung drive to not eject. It’s a very simple fix for this!
1. Power on your Xbox 360 2. Press the eject button 3. When the Xbox 360 “tries” to eject, just simply push in on the tray cover.
That should make it eject!
If it does not, please follow the guide for the other drives below:
This requires you to disassemble your Xbox 360. IF you don’t know how, look it up on google, there are plenty of guides.
Then follow these steps:
1. Remove your Xbox 360 DVD drive from the Xbox 360 2. Turn over and remove the four screws securing the drive (6 screws if it’s a Hitachi) 3. Remove the top cover of the DVD drive. 4. Put the drive back in the Xbox 360, connect the wires, and power on your Xbox 360. 5. Once the 360 powers on, eject the drive. Most of the time it should eject normally. If it doesn’t you may have to force it. 6. Unplug the Xbox 360. If you turn it off with the power button the tray will close first, we need it open. 7. Near the front of the drive, you should now be able to see and access a small rubber band that was hidden by the tray. 8. Remove the band, lubricate and replace. 9. Replace the top cover and hook up and test. 10. If that doesn’t work, you may need a new rubber band. If you can get one of the right size, replace and test.
turn on your 360 and open the game drive. hold it open and turn of the 360. wait for it to power down completly. then turn the consel back on and it should close on its own now and stay closed as it should
Well this is common. Your xbox 360 dvd drive has a magnet either on the motor assembly or cover assembly used to keep the disk from moving or slipping after the disk is installed and spinning up.
Although a great idea it lacks long term longevity for the drive. As the magnet never weakens the internals of the drive do.The motor assembly that is responsible for moving the tray in and out and also releasing the hold on the disk through an actuation system attached to the drive unit simply weakens.
Over time the motor loses its torque that is nesessary to power through the magnet.Often requires a tap on the xbox to pop it loose while ejecting. Replacement of that motor or the drive are possibly fixes.
Other possibilities are;
Dirty drive.Dirt,hair jamming the actuation of the eject process.
Broken drive belt( I have seen brand new systems throw belts)
Remove the Faceplate by prying your fingernails into the bottom of your faceplate and pulling up. After removing the faceplate try ejecting the disk again. If it still does not eject. Straighten a paperclip and use the manual eject hole under the disk tray. Do not force anything. just push in the clip and pull the disk tray gently. Good luck. Make sure to remove your disk before sending it in for repairs because they will not send any disks back with the console.
I have the same problem. Exiting the game by going to the dashboard doesn't stop the cd from spinning. If Im on the dashboard not running a game, and then eject the disk, the cd is still spinning at full speed and scratches the disk. I have to turn off the console, and then start it up by pressing the cd eject button, then the cd wont be spinning yet.
mine does the same thing... and "kleeper", even going to the dashboard doesn't stop it from spinning... the only way it stops is by turning off the console. but i noticed mine doesn't do this for music cds. but it does it for every game i've played on my 360. also, when i am playing games, i can here the disc starting to spin faster, then it slows down, which makes a grinding sound and scratches the disc even more.
i did that but the game continues to spin whilst on dashbord
Its annoying and it screwed up my Halo3 disk. So now when I take it out( Press Y and and head to dashboard ) Then take it out and it comes out spinning it and it only started the 2 time on 3-16-09. Please reply with any anwsers
This suckks!! It won't stop even at DashBOARD!!!!!!