This might help getting it connected to the computer.
UMS mode allows the Z5 to interface to the computer as if it were a removable hard drive. You can then use Windows File Explorer to manage the files in the Z5.
To get into UMS mode, connect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
If you upgrade to the new firmware, you have the option of making it always connect in UMS mode.
The steps to install the latest firmware are:
(1) Download version 2.37 or newest of the Z5 firmware http://www.samsung.com
(2) Unzip it to get the file named "Z5Update.dat".
(3) Disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(4) Reconnect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
(5) Open a File Explorer window, and find the YP-Z5 device.
(6) At this point, make sure the Z5 is fully charged and has at least 30MBytes of free space.
(7) Copy the file "Z5Update.dat" to the root directory of the YP-Z5 device.
(8) Now disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(9) The Z5 will display the option to upgrade to the new software, or to cancel.
(10) Select "Upgrade". This will power off the Z5.
(11) Connect the USB cable to the Z5. Now it will upgrade the firmware under USB power. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB UNTIL THE UPGRADE FINISHES. After finishing the upgrade, new firmware will be started automatically.
(12) Check the version information in the "Settings > System Info > Version" tab.
Now you can turn on the UMS only option.
Settings / System Info / UMS Only = On