Question about Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Samsung YP-Z5 cannot play files via Music folder etc, only through 'Browse Files'. When turned on, resets to default settings and wrong time. Can't upload or remove songs, as it doesn't connect to pc. Stuck.. Emailed samsung through their suggested online support system, but they didn't reply. Obviously, I cannot upgrade firmware, as PC doesn't recognise device anyway (even in UMS). Reset doesn't do anything, and when I check for Version in System Info, it displays System Error. Apparently some file inside the YP-Z5 must be corrupted, but how can it be fixed when it's impossible to access the device via pc and the reset button or 'reset settings' option don't have any effect? See thread:
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, I recently spoke to the tchnicians from Samsung who put me onto the Samsung website where you can download the Samsung media Player. That also allows you to sync the unit. Thanks
Posted on Apr 25, 2007
...Samsung returned my player after 3 weeks. Some problems fixed, but not all. Their customer service & tech support lines are hopeless, and eventually suggested I return the unit to Amazon ! Amazon have agreed a refund & Samsung have lost a customer permanently. It's a shame because this could be a great player if the internals were up to the mark.
Posted on Jun 19, 2007
This might help getting it connected to the computer.
UMS mode allows the Z5 to interface to the computer as if it were a removable hard drive. You can then use Windows File Explorer to manage the files in the Z5.
To get into UMS mode, connect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
If you upgrade to the new firmware, you have the option of making it always connect in UMS mode.
The steps to install the latest firmware are:
(1) Download version 2.37 or newest of the Z5 firmware http://www.samsung.com.
(2) Unzip it to get the file named "Z5Update.dat".
(3) Disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(4) Reconnect the Z5 to the USB port while simultaneously holding down the "return" button (the top of the square keypad) while connecting. This will put the player into UMS mode for that connection period only.
(5) Open a File Explorer window, and find the YP-Z5 device.
(6) At this point, make sure the Z5 is fully charged and has at least 30MBytes of free space.
(7) Copy the file "Z5Update.dat" to the root directory of the YP-Z5 device.
(8) Now disconnect the Z5 from the USB port.
(9) The Z5 will display the option to upgrade to the new software, or to cancel.
(10) Select "Upgrade". This will power off the Z5.
(11) Connect the USB cable to the Z5. Now it will upgrade the firmware under USB power. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE USB UNTIL THE UPGRADE FINISHES. After finishing the upgrade, new firmware will be started automatically.
(12) Check the version information in the "Settings > System Info > Version" tab.
Now you can turn on the UMS only option.
Settings / System Info / UMS Only = On
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
After using my YP-Z5 for about 8 months, all of a sudden I had the same problem yesterday, (low battery, usb deferred) and again today, on two different pc's. This afternoon I tried another usb port on the first pc. The connection screen appeared without any delay, and the battery started charging. The funny thing was that when retrying the first usb port, the player functioned normally as well!
Posted on Feb 22, 2008
Go into my computer then right click on the removable storage icon and then on format.
Hope this helps, I have had mine for nearly 2 years and it has only allowed me to play one album for the last 18 months, the worst £130 I have ever spent.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2010 | Samsung YP-Q2JCB MP3 Player Digital Media...
Nov 29, 2009 | Samsung YPZ5FZB 1 GB, BLACK, MP3 Player,...
Feb 01, 2008 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Nov 11, 2007 | Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 Player
Sep 29, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Jun 18, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5QB MP3 Player
Mar 06, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5QB MP3 Player
Feb 10, 2007 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5QB MP3 Player
Nov 09, 2006 | Samsung YP-Z5A MP3 Player
Nov 25, 2017 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
Mar 10, 2017 | Samsung Yepp YP-Z5AB / YP-Z5AS MP3 Player
137 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!