Question about Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
It grabbed a sheet of paper crooked but it printed noisily. Now it won't clear. I restarted, turned off overnight, re-ran the install disk, moved ink cartridges back and forth, pushed paper halfway down (and then it runs it the paper straight thru), but still won't clear message so I can pint. Green light blinking.
Please help. Thank you.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the power.
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
The encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length. The strip may appear to be translucent.
Reposition the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
Ensure the Paper Tray is Not Overfilled
Each printer tray has a maximum capacity rating, and this rating is based on a specific paper weight and or thickness. Consequently, situations might arise in which the tray will not be able to accommodate the maximum number of sheets listed in the printer specifications. Verify that the paper is not packed too tightly in the paper tray.
Adjust the Printer Paper Guides
Adjust the paper guides to fit the size paper being used .The guides should be close (1/16" or less) to the paper without touching, so that the paper stays properly aligned without continually rubbing the guides.
Locate and Remove Any Obstructions Inside the Printer and Input Tray
1. Open the front cover and make sure the kickstand (if there is one) is engaged.
2. Locate and remove any obstructions within the printer, such as paper pieces, staples, tape, or other objects.
3. Close the cover.
4. Remove all paper from the input tray.
5. Inspect the input tray for any obstructions.\
6. Remove any visible obstructions.
7. Reinsert the paper.
Clean the paper feed roller on the printer.
1. Power down the printer and disconnect the power cord.
2. Remove all paper from the input tray.
3. Wipe the roller gently with a damp cloth.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Leading cause of paper
jams is debris / foreign objects that accidentally fell into the paper feed
area. Please try this approach to fix the problem:
Mar 09, 2012 | Lexmark X2500 All-In-One Printer
cause of paper jams is debris/foreign objects that accidentally fell into the
paper feed area. Please follow steps below to fix the problem:
Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
Grab a flashlight and look inside the feeder for any debris or foreign objects.
If you're willing and physically able, you may also turn the printer over. Any
debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the table, open the printer cover
and remove the cartridges.
Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris in the cartridge carrier's
path or the paper path.
If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
Re-brick your printer. Pull out the power supply, black box where the
power cord is plugged in at the back of the printer, and put it back after 30
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and load some paper. Try to print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
Sep 18, 2011 | Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 21, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 4500/YDX Printer
Dec 31, 2008 | Lexmark X5250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 12, 2008 | Lexmark T640 Laser Printer
Apr 09, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo 925 InkJet Printer
171 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!