How do I clean the rollers on dell 1720?
First of all dirty rollers are not the cause of your problem as long as the printer is picking up the paper.
Black marks or streaks on a DELL 1700 series printer are usually caused by the drum assembly which, in this model, is separate from the toner cartridge. There is no repair, you need to replace the drum assembly and perform the drum reset procedure. In very rare cases a buildup of residual toner on the fuser can cause marks as well, but I have never seen this on a DELL printer.
To replace the drum:
1. After removing the paper tray, open the front of the printer.
2. Remove the toner cartridge by pushing down on the black release tab and pulling the toner up and out of the printer.
3. Pull the drum assembly straight out of the printer using the blue plastic handle.
4. Carefully unpack the new assembly and install in the printer. Be careful not to touch the photo-sensitive roller underneath.
5. Reinstall the toner cartridge, close the printer and insert the paper tray.
6. Perform the drum reset procedure exactly as follows:
power off and open front door hold down the continue button as you power on printer leaving front door open when error light comes on release continue and close front door. toner low, load paper, ready, and continue will all be lit. press cancel slowly 4 times or until just toner low lights up. each time you press cancel, the light sequence should change when just toner low is lit, press and hold continue button until lights cycle up and down in sequence. release continue.. toner low will be lit again turn printer off, wait 10 secs or so and then back on press continue button to print off settings page and check under cartridge information, photoconductor value is 0K (zero)
on Aug 11, 2014