Question about Lexmark Z611 InkJet Photo Printer
My two printers used to work on my laptop...but since I got it restored to my firstware restore....All my documents have been erased.... But what mainly hurts me is that my two printers cannot be installed....I have lost all my backup cds on a trip I took to New York....I have download drivers in Lexmark.com AND none of them work....Will someone help be...Please....My printers are...Lexmark Z611 and Lexmark X3430...I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL....THANK YOU....
Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Unplug the camera from the computer. Later you will be prompted by the software to plug in the camera; do so at that time only.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel.
3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
4. Locate the listing for the software and remove it. When prompted to remove the camera drivers files, click Yes.
Now download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot'. I am assuming that you have XP. If you have a different OS, just let me know and I will send you the appropriate procedure to boot clean in that OS.
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next , do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hope that helps...Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
P.S. Before you assign a rating, please make sure that the issue is resolved or you are satisfied. If not, please post back as to what you did, and/or any other questions you may have, and I will try to assist you as best I can. Please do not assign an ‘Inappropriate’ or ‘Thanks for trying’ rating if your issue is not resolved after the first response itself, as sometimes a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary before we can find a fix or an answer to your query.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on May 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
May 03, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop
Nov 19, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Mar 16, 2011 | Toshiba NB205-N311/W Netbook
Oct 01, 2010 | Epson Stylus NX105 All-In-One Printer
Aug 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 16, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 14, 2009 | Dell Vostro 1000
Jul 24, 2009 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 30, 2011 | Lexmark Z611 InkJet Photo Printer
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!