Question about Televison & Video
My Sanyo flat screen TV keep going off & on by itself...sometimes it won't come back on for days. When it does come back on it plays sometimes for a few hours or minutes then screen goes out a blue color like photo attached & makes a loud noisey sound in which stops when I turn it off & back on...I only had it for almost 2years.help please...I think it's about to blow lol
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i was having these same problems with the screen going black, and i found that when i hit the back of my tv it would work sometimes. so, i improvised on some of the advice on this page and so far no problems. here is what i did (its very easy):
1. lay the tv on the floor and take off the back panel. (i think 12 screws)
2. on the right side of the tv (as you are looking at the back) you will notice a large metal covering that is held in place by 6 screws. unscrew these and remove the metal cover.
3. you will notice that the three screw holes on the left side of the board have some sort of metal or solder around them, in sort of a star pattern. when i looked closely i noticed that most of the metal (solder) was tarnished, or kind of blackened. (this must mean that the ground screws werent getting a good connection and this would explain why it would work sometimes when i hit it because it would vibrate the screws enough to get a good connection! )
so, take a pencil eraser and erase all the black or tarnish off the metal surrounding the screw holes. thats it! (to be safe i took some sandpaper and cleaned up the screw holes on the back of the metal covering, but i dont know if that was necessary)
at this point i followed another gentleman's advice to do a hard reset. this involved unplugging the 8 connections although i dont know if this was really necessary because i believe my problem was a ground issue. i did it just to be safe. his advice is on this site if you want to do this step.
4. i put everything back together and it worked! i performed a soft reset at this point which puts your tv back to factory settings. just go to menu>setup>reset>return to factory settings? yes
this will turn your tv off and back on. that's it. so far so good for me.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
If your set was manufactured around July 2005, you may need a firmware upgrade to solve this issue. On the Sony website you can enter your model # and serial # to see if you TV is affected. If so, it is easy to have done and may be free from Sony. It sounds like the issue they described in the writeup on the required formware update. I had mine done within few months of when i bought it (purchased in Dec 2005) and it has been working flawlessly since.
Posted on Oct 21, 2008
SOURCE: Sharp Aquos LC-32D4OU
Comment by Guest, posted on Oct 25, 2008My
Aquos has the same problem. I'm not sure how I discovered this, but
when I lean the TV forward and hit the power button it will turn on
every time. If the screen blacks out and I don't lean it forward when I
hit the power button, the screen will just remain blank. It is very
weird, but at least repeatable.
- Thank you, Guest. That did it. It definitely seems to be a problem with the TV. Tilting it and hitting the power button helped me get the video back.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
This problem is exactly the same with my tv, just remove the battery of the remote. if it stop on & off, then clean the remote
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2015 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Dec 29, 2012 | Sanyo AVM-3259S TV
Sep 12, 2012 | LG 50PS8000 50 Plasma TV
Aug 04, 2012 | Sanyo DP50747 50 in. Plasma TV
Mar 11, 2012 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Dec 31, 2011 | Televison & Video
Sep 24, 2011 | Sanyo 42 in. LCD TV
Aug 25, 2011 | Sanyo 42 in. LCD TV
Feb 23, 2011 | Sanyo DP42848 LCD TV
Nov 01, 2009 | Sanyo DP46848 LCD TV
17,480 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: