Uniden PowerMax 5.8 no audio transmission on two of three remotes
I have a Uniden PowerMax 5.8 with two remote handsets. Handset 1, developed 1/2 to 1 second interuption during use, then a week or so later audio transmission stopped completely. I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me. Then phone 3 stopped audio transmission too. Phone 2 works fine. All phones are charged. Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
With the handset
You can temporarily turn Off the microphone so that the person you are talking with cannot hear you.
1)Press menu/del during talk mode (while phone is in use).
2)Press ring/vol/? or ring/vol/? to move the pointer to Mute and then select/
Mute On and appear in the display. To cancel muting, repeat above step again when Mute
is set to on, Mute Off appears.
With the base
While using the base speakerphone, press mute on the base to turn Off the microphone.
Press mute again or press (speaker) to cancel muting.
1. First, remove the battery cover on your unregistered TCX905 and look
under the battery to confirm that you indeed purchased a TCX905 because
some Uniden handsets were packaged as 905's but were not.
2. Take the fully charged unregistered 905 to the base unit TRU9496.
3. On the TRU 9496 base unit press "Menu" then select "Registration" and press OK
4. You should get the message "press the # key on the remote handset".
5. Depress the "#" key on the unregistered 905 and it should register.