Question about LG MZ-42PZ14 42 in. Plasma Television
0) make sure the tv has not been on for a while so that the lamp has time to cool. 30 minutes is probably adequate.
1) unplug tv
2) remove lamp cover
3) remove rear exhaust cover (if your tv has one)
4) carefully and gently remove all visible dust and dirt, especially from the fans. (I used a vaccum with a brush attachment)
5) remove the lamp according to your tv's instructions. Do not touch the bulb itself. Only handle the housing.
6) clean out any more visible dust and dirt where the lamp was
7) re-insert the lamp
8) tape the lamp cover safety switch so that it is always depressed.
9) plug the tv in
10) Turn the tv on BUT DO NOT LOOK AT THE LAMP. Just verify that the fans are spinning. If a fan is not working, you should look into replacing it as the first step.
11) If the fans are spinning, put the rear exhaust cover back on.
12) You can remove the tape from the lamp cover safety switch if you want, but I left it on since I think it was causing my tv to randomly shutdown. My tv has not shut itself down since taping the switch down. Put the lamp cover back on.
13) Make sure the rear exhaust is not obstructed. I personally try to keep the rear of my tv at least 1 ft away from the wall.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2016 | LG 42LS5700 42 Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart TV...
Dec 16, 2015 | Televison & Video
Dec 09, 2013 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Jul 10, 2009 | LG M4201C-BA 42 in. HD-Ready LCD
May 12, 2009 | LG 42LG50 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 29, 2008 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 06, 2013 | LG MZ-42PZ14 42 in. Plasma Television
Apr 26, 2017 | LG MZ-42PZ14 42 in. Plasma Television
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: