Question about RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television
There is three different colors in with the double vison
If you have a background in electronics this will help you replace the components causing the problem, if you do not have a background in electronics, I would suggest that you have a TV technician diagnose and repair the problem you are having.
I posted this in an earlier solution and there are numerous references to this type of problem on fixya.com, however it fits in this case, so here it is:
This denotes a convergence problem. Believe it or not it would be cheaper for you to replace the two convergence amplifiers and the biasing resistors. You would not actually be replacing the convergence board since these devices are usually located on the deflection board in most cases. However in answer to your question, the boards are easily removed, depending on your level of patience (lots of cables to move around), I would also advise you to either mark down all of the connection you will remove, or take pictures of the board and its connectors. If you choose to just replace the Amplifiers and the biasing resistors there is a lot of information on this site on how to do so: This will get you started:
1) Unplug the TV and then get a schematic of the TV I use http://www.servicemanuals.net or http://www.manualsparadise.com
2) On the schematic locate the STK392-xxx series IC packs (usually attached to a large heat sink)
3) determine if the STK392s are 110, 120 or 150.
4) if the STK392-xxx's are 110s replace with 110s (forget that upgrade stuff it is a hit or miss game that I don't believe you want to get into), if they are 120s replace with 120s and so on.
5)Now to replace the STKs: remove the module from the TV and unsolder the old STKs along with the bias resistors, and replace them with the new ones (be sure to apply heat sink paste to the STKs when attaching them to the heatsink)
6) make sure there are no short circuits form your soldering job.
7) Reinstall the module and then turn on the TV.
8) do manual adjustment and the auto-convergence test and then things should be back to normal.
I hope this helps
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2012 | Sanyo DP42849 42 in. HDTV
Apr 14, 2010 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television
Apr 03, 2010 | Panasonic PT-51DX80 51" Rear Projection...
Feb 24, 2010 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television
Nov 30, 2009 | Samsung HC-P4363W 43 in. TV/DVD Combo
Nov 28, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 06, 2008 | Mitsubishi WT-46805 46" Rear Projection...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!