a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have the CD, all you need to do is:
1) ensure all your data is backed up, check for photos, documents, etc that you want to keep. Do not try to backup software, it requires a lot more than cutting and pasting into a backup drive.
2) insert the disk and follow the guide.
Insert the disk and reboot, boot off the CD-ROM and you will be taken to a DOS based intall.
3) Follow instructions and when your done installing (an hour or so) install all the drivers for your hardware.
Do you meet these minimum system requirements?
Minimum system requirements
● Windows® 2000
● Windows XP
● Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
● Windows Server 2000
● Windows 98
● Mac OS X V10.3 and later
● 128 MB RAM for Windows operating systems
● 32 MB RAM for Macintosh operating systems
● 250 MB hard-disk space (full installation)
● CD-ROM drive
● USB port
The all-in-one comes with software that allows the computer to communicate with the all-in-one (by
using a printer language). This software is called a printer driver. Printer drivers provide access to allin-
one features, such as printing on custom-sized paper, resizing documents, and inserting watermarks.
Supported printer drivers
The following printer drivers are provided for the all-in-one. If the printer driver that you want is not on
the all-in-one CD or is not available on www.hp.com, contact the manufacturer or distributor of the
program that you are using, and request a driver for the all-in-one.
NOTE The most recent drivers are available at www.hp.com. Depending on the configuration
of Windows-based computers, the installation program for the all-in-one software automatically
checks the computer for Internet access in order to obtain the latest drivers.
Operating system1 Fax driver PCL 6 printer
PCL 5 printer
Microsoft® Windows® 98
Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
Windows Server 2003
Mac OS X V10.3 and
Mac OS X V10.4
1 Not all all-in-one features are available from all drivers or operating systems. See the context-sensitive help in the printer driver
for available features.
2 A Macintosh printer driver and the necessary PostScript (PS) Printer Description files (PPDs) are included with the all-in-one.
The following drivers are not included on the CD, but are available from the Internet.
● UNIX® model scripts
● Linux drivers
● Windows XP 64-bit drivers
You can obtain Model Scripts for UNIX and Linux by downloading them from the Internet or by requesting
them from an HP-authorized service or support provider. For Linux support see www.hp.com/go/linux.
For UNIX support see www.hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software.
The following software is included with a typical installation:
● HP ToolboxFX
● HP LaserJet Fax setup utility
● HP LaserJet Scan program and driver
● HP LaserJet Fax
● Readiris OCR (not installed with other software; separate installation is required)
● Printer drivers (PCL 6, PCL 5e, PostScript® Level 2 emulation [PS])
● HP Director (Macintosh)
● HP All-in-One Setup Assistant (Macintosh)
The following software is included with a minimum installation:
● PCL 6 printer driver
● HP LaserJet Scan program and driver
● HP LaserJet Fax setup utility
NOTE Minimum installation supports faxing from the control panel.
Hope this helps
Try using the psadmin software to do a factory reset. If it demands a password to do this, try using "SYSxxxx" (where xxxx stands for the last four digits of the MAC address written on the underside of the server. If you don't have the psadmin software you may be able to download it off the internet. After doing the reset you will need to follow the Quick Install Guide to set up the server. If you lost the Quick Install Guide you can download a new one from D-link's website. The following link may also be helpful: http://www.fixya.com/support/t224263-dp301p_psadmin_password_forgoten
Please make sure that the printer is working okay if directlysd connected to the MAC computer. You may try this as well. hope this helps
Description LPR (line printer remote) is a platform independent printing protocol that is associate with TCP/IP. It works by using LPR client software that communicates to a server running LPR services.
In terms of PSU, LPR printing will become the basis for all network printing while Novell print queues are phased out. Therefore, all Macintosh, Windows, and Unix computers will be configured to print through LPR.
· The name of LPR print queue. This can be found by searching the LPR printer database.
· LaserWriter print drivers version 8.5.1 or newer
· The Macintosh must have a working TCP/IP networking configuration. (If the Mac can browse the web then it's working.)
· a server running LPR services or a printer that supports LPR printing. Most HP LaserJet printers support LPR. However, only the following LaserWriters support LPR printing:
1.Open up the Applications folder from the OS X menu. 2.Open up the Utilities folder 3.Now open up the Print Center 4.If you have no printers installed you will see the following screen. Click on Add. 5.On the following screen, select LPR printing. 6.Now enter printhost.oit.pdx.edu for the LPR Printer's address. 7.Uncheck Use Default Queue on Server option and enter the queue name of the printer. 8.Select the printer model. 9.The completed settings should be similar to the following: (LPR Printer’s address is the ip of our PRINTSERVER) 10.Click on Add 11.Your printer has successfully been installed. Test the printer by printing something to it.
DP 300U's can get be pretty uncooperative when attached to a different router. One solution is to reset the DP 300U to its factory settings. Use the PS Admin software to do this. (If you lost the PS Admin software, you should be able to download it from the internet.) If the software prompts you for a password and you do not know it, try "SYSXXXX", where XXXX is the last four digits of the MAC address located on the underside of the print server.
After you reset the DP 300U you will need to set it up from scratch, a process which is not particularly intuitive. Refer to your "Quick Install Guide" (download it from D-link's web site if you don't have it anymore).