When I push the record button I'm able to push the red circle to begin but I get no response when I push the black square to stop recording. Indeed the handheld freezes up for about two minutes. Sometimes it freezes up permanently and I have to reset it.
Also, when I open Notes, it takes about two minutes before the program is open and the screen unfreezes.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Problem with voice recording and notes
Remember that Pocket PC does not actually close programs. If you have opened many programs, then they are still resident in memory, and the system may slow down. You may wish to use the Switcher Bar. You will find it under Settings. The Switcher Bar allows you to switch between open programs. It also allows you to Exit all programs, which will free up RAM.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press Menu,with the down arrow,scroll down to "folder",press red button. A list of folders will appear.Scroll down to the folder you want, press red button.Now scroll to "file" , push red button.A list of files will appear pick the file you want to delete, push red button.A list will appear with "select" on top, scroll down till you get to "delete" , push red button. A message will ask you are you sure. Use the arrows again to go to "yes" then push the red button again to finalize your delete.
You should use the computer with Digital Voice Editor software to have more options when trabscribing. You could then use the transcribing keys to playback your recordings and regulate the velocity of the playback.
Download Digital Voice Editor Version 3.1.03 for Windows Vista/XP/2000. 64 bit version operating systems are not supported, though
Press and hold button on left side with red dot (record)... You will see "stand by"... Press the lowest button on right side (A-B) over and over until "source" is "int Mic"... when you are ready to record, press the left button w/ the red dot short and quick... recording will begin. When youre ready to stop recording, press middle button (pic of square on it) on right side... that will stop it.
To find your recording, look in the "record" folder under "Audio"
How to Record:
1. Make sure HOLD switch (on side of unit with pocket clip) is set to off position (slide to right is off - to left would be hold)
2. For best results set unit with mic(rophone) which is on top of unit toward sound source and press REC/STOP button (Top button on front of unit just below LCD display). Recording will begin and will be indicated on LCD display.
> Red Record LED will be on and the message number, recording time will be displayed on the LCD.
3. To stop recording, press REC/STOP button one time.
* If no other buttons are pressed within 1 minute at stop position, it will power off automatically.
4. Pause during recording by simply pressing MODE/PAUSE button- press button again to resume.
There is a Voice Operated System (VOS) Recording button on left side also. You can record with voice activation to conserve recording space but I have found that you lose a portion of the recorded sound as it activates and if there is no sound for a very few minutes the unit powers off and you will get nothing further recorded. I recomend just keeping VOS in off position.
5. To erase a recording: Select the message number you want to erase and while it is stopped (the message number will appear in LCD with the length of recording showing also)
Press and hold the ERASE button until the LCD begins blinking "ERASE" then, while it's blinking simply press the erase button again and the recording will be erased.
6. To play back a recorded message find your message by "toggling" the switch on the right side of the unit that says INDEX. That switch is the fast forward/reverse play etc. To Play simply push the switch in. This button/switch takes a little practice to use but the Play portion is straight forward. Use the front buttons to pause and stop during playback.
Use the built-in microphone to record voice in the voice mode.
1) Press "Rec" button to begin recording
2) Press "Rec" button again to stop recording
3) Press " play/pause" to pause or resume recording
4) Recorded files are stored as default files VXXX.WAV, XXX numbered from 001