Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Transformer replacement Need to know what wires go where

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 30 Answers

Oh man - definitly need more details!

Posted on Feb 01, 2008


1 Suggested Answer


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How easy is it to replace an intermatic ML300RTW malibu tranformer?

Question is not 100% clear.
Add a comment any time, and that sends email, and I will respond with more information if needed.

1) Are you trying to repair a transformer?
I do not know of any repair for the transformer, or available parts sold to repair transformer, although the product does have a warranty, and Intermatic might have a repair protocol for the transformer.

2) Are you replacing existing transformer with a new transformer?
The transformer plugs directly into outdoor outlet, and wires are connected to A and B terminals.
Open following link to read how to set up and use transformer in troubleshoot-format:

Sep 17, 2011 | Intermatic Malibu 300W Power Pack...

1 Answer

I just installed a Honeywell HE 360 Humidifier I purchased at Home depot. I replaced a Aprilaire model 110 . I have a 120v power duplex that is hot with the furnace blower motor, on so I assumed the sail...

Hello, in order to turn your humidifier on with the furnace the 120 volts coming from your humidifer you must hook it up to a step down transformer, then the transformer will provide 24 volts to you humidistat and solenoid valve. So you need a wire from the HUM on your control board to transformer primary side and a wire from neutral on the board to primary side of transformer. Then you need low voltage wire from secondary side of transformer to humidistat from humidistat to humidifier.

Feb 20, 2011 | Honeywell HE360A1027 Whole House...

1 Answer

I am trying to replace the transformer in a intertherm electric furnace . I wound up with a jard model 7541c . I know that i need to use the black and white wires for 120 but the old transformer had black...

The important thing to remember is that a transformer has two sides, a primary and secondary side. The primary side should have the 120 volt wires connected to it. It doesn't matter which one of the 120 vac wires goes to what terminal on this side as long as they are both on the primary side. Same with the other two wires, they go to the two wires on the secondary side of the transformer. Hope this helps! Jim

Jan 29, 2011 | Intertherm Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

How do you wire the Honeywell RTH8500D thermostat so as to operate it battery-free from the main power, yet have battery back up? Info online and in manual does not appear to address this, yet on package...

You would need to have a the hot wire from the transformer which would be the red one and connected to R/Rh/Rc. You would also need a common wire from the transformer connected to the C terminal on the contactor. It is usually a blue or brown wire. You would need to look at the transformer in the airhandler to see what color the common is. The secondary wires on the transformer are usually yellow and blue so you will need to look where these connect to the thermostat wires to see which is the common. Also your existing thermostat wire may not have enough wires in it to do this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jul 13, 2010 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

I need A wiring digram for a Byrant 7a4anf036000abaa air handler It is old but still in good shape . I just need to change the transformer an a frind removed the wires and i need to check a digram before...

I have searched high and low for a schematic and that model number doesn't even come up anymore? I have worked on bryant units for years . I can tell you by the 036 , it is a 3 ton unit. as far as replacing the transformer, you may not need a diagram. If you know what the voltage is coming into the unit, lets say208/230 and look to see what your control voltage is by looking at the voltage rating on one of the parts in the system, I would say 24volts, your chances are good you can install the transformer. A new 208/230voltx24volt trans, comes with all of the wiring laied out for you. Find the 2 high voltage Line wires coming in and tie to the high side of the transformer, and the 2 wires labeled for 24 volts to the load side, and your all set.Keep in mind that some of these universial transformers come with several colored wires for different voltages, so be sure to look at the transformer diagram and it will tell you what colors to tie together for the voltage you need. You should be able to pick up where you're friend left off, just look for the high volts in for one side and low volts out for the control side.Be sure to have a meter on hand to check the voltage. Just take your time, you can do this.

Ps It wouldn't hurt to add a 5 amp auto fuse to one of the wires on the low voltage side of the transformer, in case you miss wire it, and it will blow the fuse and save the new transformer.All you need is 2 female spade connectors and a 5 amp fuse.
Good Luck, Sincerely, shastalaker7

Oct 30, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

1 Answer

I need to know which wires go into which transformer lead there is a red wire and grey connected together then orange and black together then yellow and black together then black comming from air...

first find out your voltage..240 or 208...then it is 2(two) wires high voltage and ground. Both high voltage should go to transformer one on common lead another to 240 or 208 lead( if you have up to 218 use 208 lead...), transformer ground it self so don't worry about ground. other side of trasformer got 2 wires it will be your 24 volts..normaly it is blue and red( ruud-rheam-goodman red and grey, carrier red and brown)...if you need to know how to "hook it up" low voltage let me [email protected]

Aug 29, 2009 | Heating & Cooling

3 Answers

My low voltage landscape lights are constantly going on and off once the timer activates them initially. I suspect there is a short somewhere, but is there a good way to locate the short besides pulling up...

Your transformer must have output greater of the total wattage required of the entire system. Example: Putting lights that draw a total of 250 watts with only a 180 watt transformer will result some lights not working, or dimming and flickering, or intermittent power outtages. I learned this from experience. Always go with a transformer that has more wattage available than what is needed. Also, using the incorrect gauge of wire can cause the same issue. Wire creates resistance. Distance the power must travel through the wire creates more resistance at the end of your run than the beginning.

Mar 29, 2009 | Garden

1 Answer

Water does not pass through solenoid

Thanks for your question,
first you need to determine if you have 24 volts from the transformer, if you have knowledge of electrical meters then this should be fairly easy, if not then you will need to do a little rewiring to find out if it is the solenoid, first you will need to do is shut the power off to your furnace, then get some t-stat wire, long enough to reach from the solenoid to the transformer, splice together the new wire to the wire from the solenoid, now take the other end of the wire, take the leads off the transformer (low voltage side) and hook the new leads to it, make sure the water is on, now turn the furnace back on, and if the solenoid is good the water will flow, if it doesnt, then you will need to replace the solenoid, if the solenoid does work then you know your problem lyes with the Humidistat, and you will have to replace that, but you need to determine if you have 24 volts from the transformer first, hope that helped, let us know and please rate this, thanks again ,

Jan 25, 2009 | Humidifiers

1 Answer

I need a power transformer for roland sde -3000

If your transformer is fried then you will have to replace it of course, but if it has only opened the thermal fuse that is tucked into the primary windings then you can replace that and not have to replace the entire transformer. Be sure to use the same temperature and type thermal fuse as the original. You will find the thermal fuse tucked in where the ac power in wires go into the transformer and you may have to clear some plastic out of the way in order to get to it. Be very very carfull that you do not nick or cut or break any of the magnet wire that makes up the windings of the transformer. Good luck.

Nov 13, 2008 | Roland Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Power transformer

How do I know if the transformer went on my tv I saw a rd light & then it smelled like wire burning & the tv shut off & won't go back on. Haier 40 inch hd

Oct 22, 2007 | Haier HL37 37 in. LCD Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

37 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts


Level 3 Expert

13434 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85206 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

18110 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides