- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The ER 1F code usually means that there is a problem with the ice compartment fan, the ice maker motor or one of the control boards (the one for the ice maker or the main control unit). You can try resetting the refrigerator by leaving it unplugged for a day. Next check for ice build up on the fan that is blocking it from turning. Usually, if the fan hasn't been turning, you will have to at minimum replace the motor. It will burn out trying to force the fan to turn.
LG refrigerator "Er IF" error code is the "Icemaker Fan Error" message.T his error code indicates a problem with the fan
that controls the unit's ice production. If this problem occurs because
of ice buildup, unplugging the unit for 3 to 4 hours and allowing it to
thaw may fix the issue. Call customer service if that doesn't work.
I have a LG refrigerator freezer side by side about 6 years old I fet a reading on the digital display FRZ -Er REF -Cr when I unplug the thing and replug it the display is back to normal after a few seconds it gives me the error readings fridge and freezer keep cold but ice and water dispenser doesn,t work HELP
1. A cracked plastic tube. These will leak whenever there's a call for water - either the chilled water dispenser, or re-filling the icemaker tray (two seperate tubes). Pay particular attention to anywhere the tubes are clamped to the chassis; anywhere they're routed near or under the refrigeration unit; and near the solenoid valve - especially if there's a tight loop in the tube there.
2. A bad (leaking) connection where one of the tubes exits the water valve. Again, these will leak whenever the valve is activated.
Those plastic tubes don't last forever. I've replaced many of them for the same symptoms. They're known to simply deteriorate with age.
Manuf's make good money selling replacement tubing kits.
This is an error code for the icemaker fan motor. If the control does not see a signal coming back from the fan motor you will get this error code. Please see the image below from the service manual that explains the ER IF error code.
I posted a similar problem with the er if code. I think I have isolated it down to the ice maker fan problem. It appears that the master unit is not getting the correct code from the ice maker fan. I managed to get rid of the problem by dumping the ice, turning the ice maker off (there is a switch next to the ice maker), and unplugging the unit for three minutes and plugging it back in. However, I am without an ice maker. But the problem has not returned and the rest of the unit seems to work normally.