a 6ya Expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to an Expert (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The batteries may be depleted. If they a rechargeable get them charged. It may be the batteries are inserted incorrectly. Another reason may be leakage of old battery or rust at the contact points. Try scraping the metal contact points with a screwdriver's flat edge. Is the button stuck in ? Maybe sand or dust went in the on button and a mechanical problem prevented the camera fro starting.
*Take out the battery,
*Remove main supply,
*Hold power button down for 30 secs,
*Put only power supply in, do not put battery in
*Turn laptop on
*Put the battery in.
1. Remove power supply and battery.
2. Hold power button down for 30 seconds.
3. WHILE STILL HOLDING DOWN POWER BUTTON, INSERT POWER SUPPLY, THEN
INSERT THE BATTERY. *THE POWER BUTTON SHOULD BE HELD, THROUGHOUT THIS
4. At this point, the blue light and the charging light should both come on, and the computer should start properly. And check ur operating system for errors by downloading reginout
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. turn on camera and see.if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success. Thanks & Before you leave, if you have found my information helpful and if you haven't already done so then please press the ACCEPT button, this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback & bonus is appreciated
Remove the Battery pack from the Camera, then press and hold the power button on the Camera for 45 seconds. Then, insert the Battery in the Camera and try to turn it ON. Furthermore, please make sure that the Battery is fully charged.
I'm sorry that the camera is loosing the charge soon and flashing randomly. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged. Check if you are able to access the Menu. If yes, then, please Initialize the camera under settings 1 Menu. If you are not able to access the menu, you may have to power reset the camera by removing the battery and press n hold the power button for 1 minute continuously. After that leave the button and insert the battery and check if it helps. If the issue still persists, your camera will require service.
I'm sorry that the camera is not turning ON. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.
Please reset the camera by pressing the reset button located near the DC IN jack. if the issue still persists, please power reset the camera by removing the battery and press n hold the power button for 1 minute continuously. After that leave the button and insert the battery and check if it helps. If the issue still persists, your camera will require service.
Canon Powershot's error E18 has to do with the lens: If it appears on a black LCD with E18 written on the corner, it is mostly due to the lens getting stuck while trying to extend. The camera will beep a few times and the LCD will display a little E18 in the lower-left corner. The lens gets stuck in the extended position, and refuses to move either to focus the lens or to retract when powered off. I am giving below a link which will help you with E18 problem.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have a proble.
You can Try the following also;
Remove the batteries from the camera, wait a few minutes. Put a fully charged batteries back in and turn the camera on. if it doesnot work then,
2: Remove the batteries again, as also remove the memory card. Then install the newly charged batteries, when you turn it on it should come back to life. 3: Insert the cameras Audio/Video (AV) cable, and turn the camera on. Inserting this cable ensures that the camera's LCD screen remains off during the start process. Thus extra battery power is available to the camera's lens motor during start up. This extra power can be useful to overcome any grit or sand particles that may be jamming the lens. 4: Place the camera flat on its back on a table, pointed at the ceiling. Press and hold the shutter button down, and at the same time press the power-on button. The idea is that the camera will try to autofocus while the lens is extending, hopefully seating the lens barrel guide pins in their slots.
Try the above and let me if its any help. Please do rate and thanks for using FixYa and Best fo luck to get you camera out of E18!
Found out that if battery needs charging, camera will not turn on at all. I guess I had a senior moment. Button was not stuck just no power to turn on camera. After charging battery everything is fine.
1)camera is not turning on .
Is the battery inserted correctly?
Check the direction of the battery.
Is the battery sufficiently charged?
Use a battery that has been sufficiently charged.
2)camera switches off after powered on
* Is the battery charge insufficient to operate the camera?
Use a battery that has been sufficiently charged.
* If you leave the camera on, the battery will be exhausted. Turn the camera off frequently by using power save mode or economy mode etc.