Question about 2003 Honda Odyssey

1 Answer

There is no sound for the radio, CD player and DVD player.

There was a burning smell while driving the van as if some component had burned. After the incident there was no sound on the radio, CD player or DVD player. The DVD player does work as well as radio tuning without the sound, of course. I went through all the fuses and there were ok. I found a component (IQB14B written on component) in the main fuse box under the hood. It definately had the foul smell of burnt plastic. It is located between the 120A battery fuse and the 50A IGI main fuse. The component is not listed in the manual or the fuse box description. I'm convinced that this is the issue with the sound. I need help locating this part.

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2009

    my radio and cd serial is # 16153968 what is the code

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 7 Answers

Its a possibility you blew your speakers

Posted on Apr 02, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Smells like something is burning when turning on fan mostly when turning on heat. Also makes a gurgling noise. Can hear it and smell from interior of van


Check you coolant level(gurgling sound). A sweet smell is most likely a leaking heater core. Burning oil is valve cover gaskets.

Sep 03, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 2000 Mercury Villager and the fuses for the turn signals and brake lights keep blowing. Why?


A burning smell is an important symptom of something VERY WRONG. Get it towed to a repair shop, and get them to trace the wiring harness.

Aug 21, 2015 | 2000 Mercury Villager

1 Answer

My sound system had a smell of burning from the main unit and suddenly stopped working. I switched it off and now although all the function lights are on there is no sound from the system but no longer a...


radios often have components that over heat and burn out. Once burned out they have to be repaired or replaced. Ford F150 trucks are notorious for that.

Mar 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Burning oil smell after short drive beneath car under driver. No leaks or panel lights showing. Entermitten knock sound between radio panel and auto stick shift. Vehicle runs good. Noise started last week.


OIL BURNING SMELL PROBABLY COMING FROM THE EXHAUST AT TAIL PIPE WHERE CAR BURNING OIL.KNOCK NOISE AT RADIO AND TRANSMISSION SHIFT STICK COULD BE STICK SHIFT LEVER MOUNTING BOLTS COULD BE LOOSE OR SHIFT LEVER BROKEN.

Sep 21, 2010 | 1997 Toyota Avalon

1 Answer

I have a 2005 chevrolet equinox the other day it started making this really loud sound like loud static coming from the speakers and the radio was off and you could smell wires burning can anyone help me


Yee gads! this issue sounds like something is shorted to ground, most anything of that type would broadcast into the radio.

Locate, immediately, the source of the burning wire smell. this issue is a serious FIRE HAZZARD. Do not let up until you find it. Burning wire smell, presuming that is what is happening, often results in major car fire... Find the burning wires and you will have your answer.

Sep 06, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox

1 Answer

Van is going through collant but there appears to be no visable leaks. runs the fan at redlights and in town driving but not when on the highway. can smell coolant after driving van.


Get a pressure tester, and test it cold. You may be burning the coolant off before it hits the ground. Could also be literally burning the coolant in the motor.

Jun 29, 2009 | 2003 Kia Sedona

2 Answers

Electrical Fuse Goes out


is the radio stock or aftermarket if after market i would pull out and inspect wires for short or disconnect radio to see if the short is related to the radio system or a/c make sure wires are not exposed and touching eachother

Apr 02, 2009 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

I have no power to the the radio


You will have to chase your power wire back to the fuse panel and/or the battery itself. The burning smell was more then likely the main power cord burning up. Replace it and it should all work well.

Dec 16, 2008 | 1992 Honda Accord

Not finding what you are looking for?
2003 Honda Odyssey Logo

675 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Honda Experts

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

60792 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

21949 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

6811 Answers

Are you a Honda Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...