I cannot find the serial
The serial number can either be found on the back of the device, or can also be found in the android settings. to get to the serial in the android settings:
1. Touch the settings app.
2. Touch the System Settings option.
3. Touch the Device Information option.
4. In there there should be a list of device information including the serial number.
I hope this information has been helpful.
on Sep 02, 2020
My Panimage media tablet is
The following are the usual key combinations that are used to hard reset android tablets. Please check whether any of them works. 1.Press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time. 2.Press and hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
3.Press and hold Volume Up and Down and Power buttons at the same time.
on Jul 25, 2020
Recovery code 104 for the archos 405 mp4 player
go to archos firmware and download version 2.1.04 to your pc or laptop and save it in a folder then get ur mp4 turn it on and go format you will get a screen that says done leave it on that and connect to your pc or laptop it will recognise your mp4 then go in my computer and open 405 and open your save file and drag the save file into the 405 but NOT into a folder below them and after it has\copied turn the 405 off and start it up should be as good as new
on Jan 29, 2020
Recovery Code 2 on Archos 604 WiFi
The solution I found to reset the hard drive. Follow these procedures:
1. Remove the battery.
2. Unscrew the 2 screws on the right side of the battery compartment.
3. Loosen the 4 screws on the other side of the unit, but be very careful not to take them out, leave part of the screw in the hole, because if you don't, you'll have a hard time putting them back later as I found out. Now I have one loose screw on the bottom left.
4. Open the back cover carefully and make sure the 4 screws on the side are still intact. Adjust these screws if you have to but make sure they don't come all the way out. After opening the cover you'll see the hard drive and you'll probably see the connecting cable is loose. Lift out the hard drive and tighten the cable.
5. Replace the cover, tighten all the screws, and you are set.
After that, my 604wifi was able to start up normally and the recovery message is gone. A new problem now is the unit will turn off by itself after about 20 seconds. I suspected it was because of the loose screw, but I just don't have the time to fool with it now, well...future project.
Archos 604 WiFi...
on Jan 11, 2020
I can't play all AVI's on my Archos 605
Yeah you need to go to the archos website and buy the cinema plug in (£14.99) if you want to play all. the only other option is to convert the avi files that you cant play. Also if you want to play any mpeg4 files and quite a few other files with different audio codecs you need the podcast plug in (again £14.99). This is the only way to be able to play everything on your archos without converting the files - it's a bit of a rip off as each set of plugins is specifically downloaded for a product key so you cant even get one from someone else - believe me I have tried for days to get them free!
Hope that helps!
on Jan 03, 2020
CAN YOU PRINT DIRECTLY TO A WIRED PRINTER FROM THE ARCHOS 501594 TABLET
SETTING UP A SHARED NETWORK PRINTER
Any printer that isconnected to a computer and is connected on a LAN can be configured so allother computers on the same network can print to this printer. This means thecomputer with the printer attached to it MUST be booted up at all times whenother computers want to access the printer.You need to install theprinter driver on the computer and configure it as a Shared printer.The other computers on thenetwork need to add this printer to their computer.Follow these steps toset-up a shared network printer :-1. Connect the printer tothe computer and install the printer driver.2. Open Printers and Faxes- right click on this printer and click Sharing - click Sharing tab and click Share this printer, and then if you wish you could change theShare name, then click OK3. Right click on theprinter - click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printerinstallation.Follow these steps toconfigure the computers on your network :-1. Open Printers and Faxes- click Add a printer - Next - select a network printer, or a printer attached to another computer - Next.2. Select Browser for aprinter - Next3. Click on and expand theMicrosoft Windows Network down to the computer with the printer - Next4. Select Yes for - Usethis printer as the default printer - Next - Finish5.Right click on the printer - click Properties - click Print Test Page toconfirm printer installation.
on Nov 19, 2019
Archos 5 frozen screen
I have found a solution for this issue, if you hold down the volume button and the power button for several seconds the Archos goes into a restore type mode. You then plug it into your computer and download the latest firmware update and cut and paste it onto the archos removable hard drive icon that appears in my computer. It will take a few minutes to update but then it will work perfectly.
on Nov 16, 2019
Sync with Windows media player 11
Yes i know syncing is the easiest way to hook up archos to download files have you tried manually like drop & drag the files into the video folders? Some video formats work even in the new archos series some don't & you have to buy plugins. I personally didn't like using windows media player it reminds me too much of itunes
Archos AV 500...
on Nov 14, 2019
I have downloaded 5 movies in avi and dragged them
You may want to change the format of the movies. The player may be able to play .avi files but sometimes it will just not play and changing the format may alleviate the problem. Follow these steps:
- Follow this link and download youtube downloader free of charge http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=youtube+downloader&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows
- After you have downloaded and installed it please open it and go to convert a video you have already downloaded.
- Select the movie you want to convert and then convert to .mp4 which should play with anything
- Wait for it to convert and then drag it to your archos 5.
on Nov 14, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?