Question about Televison & Video
As I'm sure you know, DVDs are coded to a region of the world.
REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
REGION 6 -- China
REGION 7 -- Reserved for Unspecified Special Use
REGION 8 -- Resevered for Cruise Ships, Airlines, etc...
REGION 0,9 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide
So here we go..
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
SOURCE: Changing region on a DVD player
You did not specify what kind of DVD player this is? Since you said player, and not drive, then I will assume this is a dvd player you hook up to your TV, not install in a computer.
Simple answer, you can not change the region code on a DVD player, unless there is a known hack listed on a website.
Therefore, your only option, is get a region free dvd player. They are cheap and easy to get on amazon.
here is one for $30:
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
1. Press Setup.
2. Press "9210" in quick succession. A new window should appear.
3. Press "0" to set the Region to R0.
4. Press Setup to exit.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
1. Press the 'Set-up' button on the remote control
2. Select the 'System Info' mode from the on-screen menu
3. Using the remote control 10-key type in '1101'
4. 'Region code' should appear as an option on the 'System Info' menu. Initially the region code will be set to 4 (depending on your country). Press '0' on your remote control using the 10-keys to set to multi-region.
5. Press 'OK/Enter' on the remote control.
6. Finish by pressing the 'Set-up' button once more.
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
1) In DVD mode,press System Menu.
2) Go down to the Lock icon.
3) While lock is highlighed, press 0 for seven times (o,o,o,o,o,o,o).
4) There will be a pop-up window that asks you to confirm.
5) Press ok.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Region code hack posted by hackaroto, December 27 2010:
1. Switch off the DVD player in to Stand By mode
2. Open the DVD tray using the remote control
3. Press "pause" in the remote
4. Enter 0, 0, 0, 0 (zero 4 times)
5. The display should indicate the regional code set in the DVD and prompts for the new regional code.
6. Enter the new regional code
7. Press Pause to exit the setup
8. Switch off the DVD using the remote and wait for a while before switching it on again.
works for other LG DV55X players
Posted on Jan 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2012 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 18, 2014 | Pioneer DV120K Player
Jul 12, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
May 30, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 08, 2011 | Sony DVP-FX750 Portable DVD Player
Nov 02, 2010 | Toshiba SDV395 DVD Player/VCR
Nov 02, 2010 | Sony DVPFX810 Portable DVD Player
Jun 20, 2010 | Sharp Cell Phones
Feb 22, 2009 | Sony DVP-NS50P DVD Player
Apr 27, 2007 | Philips DVD 622 DVD Player
Jul 07, 2020 | Sony Televison & Video
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!