My microwave is only about 3 years old and when cooking potates it stopped and beeped and now the keypad does not work, the clock area is black. The fan is still working because it comes on automatically if the oven it too hot
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
From the description a major part has failed, the magnetron is suspect because it suddenly shut down in cycle, if the unit is less than 7 years old it probably has a inverter board and tends to fail, also there is the possibility the keypad control board has stopped working. The microwave in my opinion is worth getting checked out and repaired, but it will be expensive.
The sound you may be hearing could be the filament transformer breaking down or the magnetron tube failing ..they will arc and eventually fail. If you aren't getting any microwave energy ( to heat material in the cooking compartment) then in all probability it is either the transformer, magnetron or high voltage capacitor.. None of which are something you want to repair yourself... My advice is that if the cost to repair exceeds teh cost to replace then just buy a replacement model. If yours is under 1 year old, then you may be able to negotiate and get a replacement from the store where you purchased it.. If it is older than a year, it's probably cost effective to just buy a new model.
could be door switches could be pcb could be mag, cap or hv transformer.. Its really just a guessing game but one of the above is defo the cause best to get a tech in to have a look or get it replaced whichevers best for yourself
hey! you told that everything working in your microwave oven! inside the microwave oven! transformer only producing heat! that transformer only fault in your oven! try to repair or change the transformer!!!!!!!