How do you set up the scanner to scan police and ems channels
First you'll need a list of frequencies to program. For a comprehensive database of active frequencies in your area, visit:
Once you've selected your frequencies, power the scanner ON and
1. Press E/PGM to enter the program mode (the scanner turns on the
2. If the current channel is not the one you want to program, enter the
memory number then press HOLD.
3. Enter the frequency including the decimal point, then press E/PGM.
4. To program the next memory, press or and repeat step 3. To
program a different memory, repeat from step 2.
5. To exit program mode, press HOLD or SCAN or change the scanner’s mode.
• Any frequency you program replaces the previous memory contents.
• If you enter a frequency you have already stored in a different
memory in Step 3, the scanner beeps and displays the channel
where you have previously stored the frequency. If you want to store
the frequency anyway, press E/PGM a second time in Step 3.
• To clear the contents of a memory, enter “0” in Step 3.
• Channels you program are automatically unlocked (see
“Locking/Unlocking Memories) and have Delay turned on (See
“Setting Channel Delay”).
If you would like to download/print the operating manual for you scanner, visit:
Jan 11, 2010 |
Uniden BC340CRS Base Scanner