Crafts & Hobbies - Popular Questions, Answers, Tips & Manuals

Hello, Nina -

I can only think that your knitting project uses more than one color or more than one type of yarn.

You will need to decide which yarn will be A and which one will be B.

If my explanation is not clear to you, find the telephone number of the shop nearest to you which sells knitting and crochet yarns and make a telephone call to ask someone employed at the shop to explain it.

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 1,141 views | 2 helpful votes

Hello, Annenita -

"Yarn over twice" is a knitting term for a stitch which will create a lacy looking piece of knitting as well as one of the knitting stitches used to create a button hole.

This YouTube video demonstrates the yarn over twice (also called "double yarn over"):

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 892 views | 0 helpful votes

try manufacturer or an online search using make and model

Crafts & Hobbies | 1,280 views | 0 helpful votes

it might be but FIXYA is not the place to look we sell nothing try Google or
Amazon com Online Shopping for Electronics Apparel Computers Books DVDs...

Crafts & Hobbies | 258 views | 0 helpful votes

Hello, Gerry -

I am answering from the USA.

Try contacting
Elna Passap Sales & Service Centre
Forum Bldg 631
Voortrekker Road
Telephone: 011 740 9959
Source of information:

Business Hours:
Monday - Friday 8.30 - 17.00
Saturday 8.00 - 13.00
Sunday Closed
Source of information:

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 247 views | 1 helpful votes

Hello, Ann -

I think your question is a knitting one. I hope you do not mind that I recategorized your question the category for Crafts & Hobbies from Computers & Internet, where it landed.

If my guess that your questions are about knitting, the abbreviation "yon" stands for the knitting action of "yarn over needle."

This YouTube video provides a good demonstration of "yarn over needle":

This web page gives instructions, with images, for 2 ways to perform the "yarn over needle" action, depending upon whether you knit following "English Style" or "Continental Style".

As for knitting needle sizes, see a millimeter to UK to US conversion chart for knitting needles here:

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 1,357 views | 0 helpful votes

It take a special tool, see a jeweler.

Crafts & Hobbies | 160 views | 0 helpful votes

Hello, Anita -

So . . . start knitting the front with with a section of yarn the same darker color as you began knitting the back . . .working through to the lighter blue.

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 255 views | 1 helpful votes

Hello, Carol -

Your question landed in the category for Cars & Trucks. I took the liberty of re-categorizing it to Crafts & Hobbies (the category for sewing.)

You may find this online tutorial helpful:

You may also find this YouTube video instructive:

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 95 views | 0 helpful votes

Replacement batteries may have been installed incorrectly

Crafts & Hobbies | 157 views | 0 helpful votes

There is a place that sells remotes for many

Crafts & Hobbies | 53 views | 0 helpful votes

Not sure what you don't understand.
when it says work 29sts you put the rest on a stitch holder and continue in color and pattern back and forth until the end of that section, of the 29 sts. Then pick up the stitches from the stitch holder and continue in pattern and color to match the other side, You may have to reverse the pattern and color or you may not. Hope this helps. If not, yiu need to leave morevinfo. :)

Crafts & Hobbies | 1,374 views | 0 helpful votes

Look this, pls

Crafts & Hobbies | 665 views | 0 helpful votes

Hello, Vivian -

I believe the k1b means "knit 1 below" . . . knit the stitch in the row below.

See this YouTube video demonstrating K1B:

I do not know what the "1w" or maybe it is "lw" (letter "el" letter "w") abbreviation means.I haven't found it on websites with knitting abbreviations.

If the knitting pattern you are following is in a knitting publication, I suggest you contact the publisher of the publication and ask for an explanation for the abbreviation for the stitch.

You can also take the text of your pattern and your knitting to a nearby store which exclusively sells knitting yarns and supplies and ask one of the people working there if she / he knows what the abbreviation means and ask for a demonstration.

Another option is to register with and log into an online knitting discussion forum and ask your question so that veteran knitters can see it and answer. This is the link to one knitting discussion forum I found:
You will need to register (free) and log in.

Best wishes.

Crafts & Hobbies | 32 views | 0 helpful votes

Not finding what you are looking for?
Crafts & Hobbies Logo

3,729 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Crafts & Hobbies Experts

R.A. Ellis
R.A. Ellis

Level 3 Expert

12695 Answers

Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor

Level 3 Expert

22550 Answers

ray gallant

Level 3 Expert

53376 Answers

Are you a Craft and Hobby Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides