20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How to remove melted wax crayon from car
- Firstly scrape as much of the wax from the upholstery with a plastic scraper, try not to rub it deeper into the material.
- Place brown paper or other thick absorbent paper (not glazed) on the crayon. Using a clothes iron set to low heat setting, press down on the paper. Be careful or you may melt the upholstery. This will remove the excess wax. Keep checking the paper and replace it as it becomes saturated
- Spray some WD40 on a paper towel , cotton wool or cloth and rub this into the stain. Repeat this with more towel until you have removed all the color.
- Finally scrub the area with detergent and warm water to remove the WD40 and allow to dry
on Aug 30, 2014
How do you peel crayons
Well that would depend on which kind of crayons you are talking about. If you have regular crayons you would peel the paper as you
used the crayon, however if you have the kind where there is a preforated wrapper around the crayon then you would peel it instead of like having to sharpen it.. I have only seen these in like your basic colors but I am sure they probably have them in all colors now. I hope this helps.
on Aug 11, 2014
Ahh, children and their creativity! :) Here's one solution I personally know works...Using a hair dryer, warm up the area of the chalkboard where the crayon is holding it a couple inches away from the board. The crayon will become melted and then you can wipe it away. You may want to follow up with a good grease cutting dish soap like Dawn. I find this gets the area really clean after. Another solution is a Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. They are just scrubbing sponges if you've never used one. They work great for lots of things but WATCH OUT...they can remove the chalkboard surface if you scrub too hard or for too long (the same with other surfaces as well). But they do cut greasy areas up to get the "de-greaser" in like detergent.
Hope these solutions help you out!
on Aug 01, 2012
Melted crayon all over my car upholstery
To remove melted crayon from upholstery:
1. Scrape away melted wax from the upholstery as much as you can using a blunt knife.
2. Put a brown paper, or butcher paper (glossy side down) on top of the affected area then using the tip of a hot flat iron, melt the crayon until it stick to the paper.
3. Let the paper cool then lift it away gently from the upholstery.
4. Dab a small amount of denatured alcohol to remove any remaining stains then finally clean the affected area with sponge and water.
Hope this help. Goodluck!
on Jul 19, 2011
A crayon melted in my back car seat, how can I
??¦Use a dull knife to scrape any of the debris off.
??¦Apply WD 40 to the stain and let it stand for five or so minutes. (Spray lubricant /oil)
??¦Use a stiff bristle brush to loosen the crayon.
??¦Wipe off with a clean terry cloth.
??¦Reapply as necessary.
??¦Apply liquid dishwashing detergent to the area with the stain.
??¦Work into the stain.
??¦Wipe clean with clean terry cloth.
??¦Rinse with a damp sponge.
??¦Allow to air dry fully.
on May 13, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?