I am new to the xbox.it is the older one not the 360.and i have tried 3 diffrent controlers and none of them work.the first one did for about 5mins but the wires were broke.but when i put anther one on it whant work. can you help please ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To connect the controller first press the small connect button on the xbox itself. It will be left of the power button on the front of the xbox, the elite will have a round button on the older styles, otherwise the new slim version will have a square button. Then hit the button on the controller while the xbox lights are spinning in a circle to connect. This button is next to the charging port on the front of the controller and will be a small round button, about 3 mm wide.
Let me know how this works out for you.
The batteries might be low. If you're using the rechargable batteries they might be bad. I've had some of my rechargable batteries go bad after only a few hours of gameplay and one charge. If their within one year old microsoft will replace the batteries at no charge.
1. since you are using a WIRED CONTROLLER, and its not conencting,try using a different controller to further isolate you issue.
2. if the other controller worked,then most probably the controller that your trying to use is not working, try calling xbox customer support for possible replacement of ur accesory.
3. If the other controlle still doesnt work,then you hav eto send your console in for repair, you can process a repair to the website service.xbox.com,click on "repair my console" or if you want to be assisted by xbox support reps.call xbox support hotline,, 1-800-4-MYXBOX.
The wireless controllers run on the same frequency as some other wireless things such as your home phones, cell phones, bluetooth, sometimes microwaves. make sure none of these things are near your controllers/ console. also try re-connecting the controllers to your xbox by hitting the button on the back of your controller just above and to the lest of the battery pack. then hit the same button on your console, its just above the power button.
try diffrent connectors composite instead of componant or vis versa. the wireless for the controls doesnt work on mine. I havent been able to find alot of replacement parts for the 360. I think you will end up having to send it in or by a used Core system for $200 from ebgames or ebay.. You could also try holding down the power button for 10 seconds. i heard that resets it as well.