I am new to the xbox.it is the older one not the 360.and i have tried 3 diffrent controlers and none of them work.the first one did for about 5mins but the wires were broke.but when i put anther one on it whant work. can you help please ?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are a couple things you should try before buying a new controller. First, make sure that when you start your pc or xbox 360 that you are not pressing the trigger, as this can make it stick while it is on. Next, you can try to plug in/turn on the controller and then plug out/turn off the controller a few times in a row, this may work also. If neither of those work, then you could still try with a different console or pc, and if the problem persists to those, I would think about buying a new controller.
Have you tried pressing the sync switches on both devices, its the little white button on the top of the controller and the one on the 360 is near the memory card b slot (round white one) press the one on the controller and the lights shoudl start flashing then press the one on the 360 while the lights are still flashing they should then flash on one light about 3 times to indicate success. if this doesnt work you may have a faulty RF(radio frequency) unit, this is the wireless device which communicates with the controllers, if this is the case you can get this replaced at your local pc shop for around £20 to £30.
Hope this helps
1. since you are using a WIRED CONTROLLER, and its not conencting,try using a different controller to further isolate you issue.
2. if the other controller worked,then most probably the controller that your trying to use is not working, try calling xbox customer support for possible replacement of ur accesory.
3. If the other controlle still doesnt work,then you hav eto send your console in for repair, you can process a repair to the website service.xbox.com,click on "repair my console" or if you want to be assisted by xbox support reps.call xbox support hotline,, 1-800-4-MYXBOX.
If the drum kit is new you will have to replace the batteries and re-synch the drum kit (the small black button on the controller). Press the guide button till the controller is turned on then press the sync button on the controller, then the console. If it is used then it is more likely broken. If it is new and it won't sync it should still be under warranty. Get it replaced.
If your controller is just blinking you must press the small button on your xbox and at the same time press the small button on the back of your xbox controller and the xbox will pick controller signal.