What do i do
If images cannot be downloaded from the camera to a Macintosh, check the status of the camera and the Macintosh and resolve the problem accordingly.
1) Check the status of the camera and Macintosh.
1. Connect your camera to the Macintosh and turn the camera on.
2. Open the "Applications" folder on the Macintosh HD.
3. Double-click "Image Capture".
* If the "Imaging device not connected" message appears, follow the steps described in [Checking the connection between the camera and PC].
4. Select "Preferences" from the "Image Capture" menu.
5. The procedure for using the Image Capture Preferences window differs depending on the OS version used. Use the correct procedure for your version of Mac OS.
- Mac OS 10.4: Click "General" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.3: Click "Camera" in the Image Capture Preferences window.
- Mac OS 10.2: Simply proceed to the next step.
6. In "Items launched at camera connection", select "FPVBridge" and then click the [OK] button.
* If FPVBridge is not among the displayed items, follow the steps in [Displaying FPVBridge] below.
7. Quit "Image Capture".
If you implement the above procedure up to step 6, FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
* To stop FinePix Viewer from launching automatically, follow the steps in [FinePix Viewer Setup] below.
2) Resolving the problem
[Checking the connection between the camera and PC]
1. Plug the USB cable into the camera and Macintosh again.
* If you are using a USB hub, do not connect the camera to the Macintosh via the hub.
1. Select "Other".
2. Click the "Applications" folder.
3. Click the "FinePix Viewer" folder.
4. Select "FPVBridge" and click "Open".
5. Click [OK].
[FinePix Viewer Setup]
1. Launch FinePix Viewer.
2. Select "Automatic Save Settings" in the Settings menu.
3. Tick the "Auto save images when the camera is connected" checkbox in "Operation Settings When Camera Is Connected".
4. Click [OK] and close the "Automatic Save Settings" window.
5. Exit FinePix Viewer.
6. Turn the camera off and then on again to test whether FinePix Viewer launches automatically.
Apr 28, 2008 |
Fuji FinePix S5700 Digital Camera