Question about Delta Plumbing
1. Shut off the water.
2. Remove Plastic rough-in spacer. It's black and it's only there for roughing in, and so the tilers don't come too close.
3. Unscrew silver retaining nut - should only be hand tight. Remove and discard grey cap that was being held is place by nut. Remove and discard plastic stopper inside faucet.
4. Take grey plastic disk off of cartridge and DO NOT THROW AWAY. Adjust gearing/splines to hottest temp by rotating plastic insert. Reinstall plastic disk.
5. Install cartridge with HOT lettering to LEFT. Secure with Silver Nut.
6. Slide large O-Ring over silver nut.
7. Install trim plate using long phillips(star) screws provided (2)
8. Slide Plastic spacer (looks like a snowflake) into chrome trim (cylinder) and slide cylinder over Silver Nut.
9. Install handle by tightening allen screw until it engages firmly with cartridge.
Changing Existing Trim:
As Above Except Old Trim Must Be Removed First. Cartridges Are Specific To Certain Trims. Even More So If Installation Is Over 3 Years Old. 3 Years Ago, Delta Went To The "Universal Rough-In" Which Made Things A Little Easier Because The Appropriate Cartidge Now Comes With The Appropriate Trim.
Posted on Sep 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2015 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Aug 07, 2014 | Delta T14455-LHP Victorian Tub and Shower...
Sep 12, 2010 | Delta Monitor 13 Series Chrome Trim...
Feb 13, 2010 | Delta Monitor 13 Series Chrome Trim...
Feb 02, 2010 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Oct 22, 2009 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Aug 06, 2009 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
Aug 05, 2009 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet
Apr 09, 2009 | Delta Monitor 13 Series Chrome Trim...
Dec 12, 2008 | Delta T13420 Chrome Classic Single Handle...
203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!