Question about Epson Expression Photo Xp-850 All In One
I have uninstalling and reinstalling the software for the scanner, no help it still tell me its busy
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The driver listed on the web for 2K is compatible with XP.
1) Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2) Under the SCANNERS heading select Epson Perfection Series and then your scanner model.
3) Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows. Download the most current driver for your Windows operating system.
4) Follow prompts through survey and license agreement. Choose to SAVE this file to your DESKTOP.
5) When the download is complete, double-click on the Epson icon on the desktop. This will automatically extract the files and begin the SETUP.
6) Follow the prompts to install the scanner, and click on FINISH when prompted.
7) At this point reconnect the scanner to the computer.
8) You will see an ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD. Make sure INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AUTOMATICALLY (Recommended) is checked and click NEXT.
9) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
10) Your scanner is now installed. Restart your computer before testing.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
If you are using Win XP there's another way of testing it with your computer for to check if your scanner is damaged or just a simple
Usually for Epson it came with an Application called "Epson Scan"
> with the scanner connected to your Computer try to scan using a diff Application like PhotoShop or MS Paint
> to scan using Paint
Click on Start / All Programs / Accessories ( click and open "Paint" )
> from Paint click on File / and click "From Scanner or Camera" and it will open a scanner wizard., just follow the step by step procedure on how to scan.
note: if you have a diff. imaging devices ( like web cam ) it may ask you which one to use., make sure to select your scanner.
> if it can acquire an image using paint or diff application., there's no issue with the scanner unit.
> if it cannot acquire an image using paint or diff application., your scanner is broken / damaged.
To fix the issue with Epson Scan
> Uninstall "Epson Scan" from Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs / disconnect the scanner unit "USB cable"
> Control Panel / Administrative tools / Services ( look for Windows Image Acquisition < WIA > click on it and restart the service.
> Close all the windows and restart your computer.
Download the Twain Driver from the Epson Website
downlad > TWAIN Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.12A
( epson12526.exe )
note: if you don't have internet you can use the cd that came with scanner...
> after it is installed your computer might restart and then:
> click on Start ( right click on My Computer / left click on Properties ) on the Properties window click on Hardware Tab / Device Manager / on the device manager window look for "Imaging"
under Imaging look for your scanner ( right click on it and click on update driver., select this time only hit next / select Install the software automatically ( recommended ) hit next and it will update your scanner driver.
> Close all windows and Launch Epson Scan
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Make sure the transparency light cable that comes from the lid is plugged in to the back of the scanner. If the cable is unplugged for any reason, the transparency/film options will not be available.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2010 | Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed...
Nov 22, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jan 31, 2010 | Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed...
Oct 08, 2009 | Epson CX8400 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 27, 2009 | Epson Perfection V300 Film Flatbed Scanner
Aug 27, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Dec 12, 2008 | Epson Stylus DX4850 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 18, 2008 | Epson Perfection V700 PHOTO Flatbed...
Sep 13, 2007 | Epson Stylus RX425 Multifunction...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: