Thank You for allowing Fixya
.com the opportunity
to solve you issue.
Please allow us to help you.
1. You need to install the usb
driver you do this while the unit is unplugged not plugged in as you are saying its not detecting while its plugged in. Click HERE
for the driver information page.
2. Only after the unit's driver's are installed, The unit fails to detect try another computer and if that does not help then you might have a issue with the camera itself.
Many cases people just connect things expecting bells and whistles and that just is not the case, that is why Fixya
.com was born. Your pc only will detect certain functions of the camera not all functions will work as one would expect. This whole pc connection is to transfer the video off the camera so it can be edited. This would involve a CD that came with the camera. Do you have said CD? If so have you installed the software.
Here is some questions for you before you Vote
1. What type of computer do you have?
2. What operating system are you using?
3. Have you tried this on another machine?
4. Have you installed all the drivers?
Please reply to me with your updated replies so we can better serve you. Most technician's
cannot diagnose a issue without having the full problem laid out before them. Keep in mind the solution your getting is based on the problem your present and how its presented.
When presenting a issue in the future on Fixya
.com please include
1. Name brand of camera
2. type of computer using
3. Type of operating system using (Windows95,Windows98,Windows XP. Vista, Windows 7 and what bits 32 bit or 64 bit.
Tell us what you did, for example I plugged it in installed the software it did not detect.
The Quality of the problem written out will get you a non-generic answer. You will be satisfied with the solution given. A Vague or incomplete detail of the issue will get you a general
Idea what might be going wrong
We Thank You for using Fixya
.com , and do hope this information is Very Helpful.