Question about NetGear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter: WPN111NA (NTUSNGWPN111)
Trying to connect a windows xp Dell to existing apple wireless network in the house. Software installed fine - computer scans and finds the network but says "can't connect" - keeps running through channels. Icon on the screen has a red x and says "firewalled"
Tried to change firewall settings - made an exception for Netgear.
used the netgear software to set up rather than the windows install wizard
Can anyone help??????
Check what security encryption is being used on the wireless network. Also, if you are using MAC filterning on the wireless network then disable it and then try connecting. Moreover follow the steps below to connect to the wireless network:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2010 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
May 20, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
Jun 05, 2009 | Dell 3300 Print Server
Mar 17, 2009 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
Jan 15, 2009 | Dell 1815dn All-In-One Laser Printer
May 10, 2008 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
Nov 03, 2007 | Dell Wireless 2350 Router
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: