Hello!! I have an Acer Aspire One and during the start up process the screen works I can see the Windows Logo and Bios, but after that the screen black. I can heard from the Audio that the Windows (OS) works. I NEED HELP, PLEASE!!!!!!
Re: ACER Aspire One screen black out after start up.
OK, Not sure about the Aspire One, But I had the same problem with the Aspire 5610Z.
I simply found the Bios battery and with a small screw driver, created a short circuit of the bios by touching the two leads (just for a couple seconds) from the Bios Battery to the Motherboard. And It Works Fine Now!
Be sure to Disconnect all power from the laptop, and remove the Battery before doing this.
You can do as I did and download a free manual of your laptop which shows you where the bios battery is located.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press (right) ALT Gr+F10 before windows loading and the Acer logo is showing to enter the Acer Aspire's reformatting utility. Follow the on-screen prompts. Your laptop's hard drive will reformat and the original applications will be reinstalled. Your computer will restart after the reformatting process is complete. Enter your name and other personal information when prompted during the Windows operating system setup process.
1. Click "Start," "Turn Off Computer" and then "Restart", if it is on.
If your computer is off, turn it on by pressing the power button above
2. Press the "F2" function key on your computer's keyboard to enter the BIOS utility.
3. Use the laptop's right arrow key to scroll to "Main." Confirm that
the "D2D Recovery" is "Enabled." If the D2D option is "Disabled," scroll
down to the option using the down arrow key. Press "Enter" to change the option to "Enabled."
4. Use the laptop's right arrow key to scroll to "Exit." The "Exit
Saving Changes" option will be highlighted. Press "Enter" to save the
settings and exit the BIOS utility. Your Acer Aspire will restart.
Reformatting the Acer Aspire
1. Press the "ALT" and "F10" keys together while your computer is
restarting and the Acer logo is showing to enter the Acer Aspire's
2. Follow the on-screen prompts. Your laptop's hard drive will reformat
and the original applications will be reinstalled. Your computer will
restart after the reformatting process is complete.
3. Enter your name and other personal information when prompted during the Windows operating system setup process.
The disk-to-disk recovery may be disabled preventing the Alt + F10 key sequence running eRecovery. To enable disk-to-disk recovery, you must do the following... (do not have an external monitor attached)
1. activate the BIOS utility by pressing F2 during Power On System Test (while Acer logo displayed)
2. select Main from the categories listed at the top of the screen
3. find D2D Recovery at the bottom of the screen and use F5 and F6 keys to set this value to Enabled
4. exit the BIOS utility and save changes.
The system will reboot.
5. while the Acer logo is showing, press the Alt key and the F10 key at the same time repeatedly
6. wait as Acer eRecovery starts up then follow onscreen instructions to perform system recovery.
Alternatively to the above, if Windows can be accessed, the recovery can be done by launching Acer eRecovery Management by running the program from the Acer Empowering Technology program group in the Start menu.
You must have CD installation to reinstall the OS. Turn on your laptop, connect external CD/DVD ROM to USB. Insert the OS CD then follow the steps on your screen to complete the process.
You will prompted to repair the OS during process , follow the instructions to repair OS.
Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings. To activate the BIOS utility, press F2 during post.
To start the recovery process:
1. Restart the system.
2. While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process.
3. Refer to onsreen instructions to perform system recovery.
Follow this steps.
Thank you for using FixYa.com
Hi there You want to restore your computer to its original settings without recovery CDs? This recovery process helps you restore the C: drive with the original software content that is installed when you purchase your notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your C: drive. (Your C: drive will be reformatted and all data will be erased.) It is important to back up all data files before using this option. Before performing a restore operation, please check the BIOS settings. 1 To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during boot up. 2 Check to see if Acer disk-to-disk recovery is enabled or not. 3 Make sure the D2D Recovery setting in Main is Enabled. 4 Exit the BIOS utility and save changes. The system will reboot. To start the recovery process: 1 Restart the system. 2 While the Acer logo is showing, press <Alt> + <F10> at the same time to enter the recovery process. 3 Refer to the onscreen instructions to perform system recovery.