Question about HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Try double-clicking on the printer in the Printers and Faxes folder and clear any pending jobs. Turn off and disconnect the power cable from the printer for a few minutes to clear its buffer. Keep the paper removed from the tray during this process and only re-insert it after the printer has stopped attempting to print. When the spooler and buffer are cleared normal printing should resume.
Posted on Dec 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2014 | HP Officejet 4355 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 07, 2014 | HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
Feb 18, 2014 | HP Photosmart A636 Compact Photo Printer
Dec 26, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Always install the tri-color print cartridge in the left side of the print cartridge carriage.
Install the black or photo print cartridge in the right side of the print cartridge carriage.
To replace a print cartridge
1. Verify that the printer is turned on.
2. Load Letter or A4 plain, white paper in the paper tray.
3. Open the printer cover.
64 Maintenance Maintenance
4. Wait until the print cartridge carriage moves to the right side of the printer and is idle
5. Press down on the print cartridge, and then slide it out of the print cartridge carriage.
6. Remove the replacement print cartridge from its packaging and carefully remove the
plastic tape. Hold the print cartridge so that the copper strips are on the bottom and
facing toward the printer.
1 Remove plastic tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the print cartridge ink nozzles or copper contacts.
Touching these parts will result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
Do not remove the copper strips. They are required electrical contacts.
Install print cartridges 65
7. Slide the print cartridge at a slight upward angle into the carriage until the cartridge
snaps into place.
8. Close the printer cover.
Align print cartridges for optimum print quality.
For information about storing print cartridges, see Maintain print cartridges.
For information about recycling empty print cartridges, see HP inkjet supplies recycling
WARNING! Keep both new and used print cartridges out of the reach of children.
Download manual for proper guidance. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01438085.pdf
I hope this works for you. Goodluck!
"Understanding explains better..."
Jan 22, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
To check the ink levels from the control panel
1. Press Setup.
2. Press the down arrow button to highlight Tools, and then press OK.
3. Press the down arrow button to highlight Display Ink Gauge, and then press OK. The product displays a gauge that shows the estimated ink levels of all cartridges installed.
4. Press any button to return to the Tools menu.
To check the ink levels from the HP Photosmart Software
1. In the HP Solution Center, click Settings, point to Print Settings, and then click Printer Toolbox.
NOTE: You can also open the Printer Toolbox from the Print Properties dialog box. In the Print Properties dialog box, click the Features tab, and then click the Printer Services button.
The Printer Toolbox appears.
2. Click the Estimated Ink Level tab. The estimated ink levels for the ink cartridges appear.
Dec 08, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 17, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 29, 2009 | HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | HP Photosmart C4280 Aio Printer
Jan 12, 2008 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 13, 2015 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: