An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: connection to my computer of hp photosmart c6300 via...
2Wire 2700HG-B Setup
1. Connection of phone line, ethernet and power adapter 2. Indicator light: POWER: green; Ethernet: blink; DSL: green; Internet: blink or red 3. Open IE beoswer. 4. address: 192.168.1.254 5. Click "Run System Setup Wizard" 6. Login with preset password: admin. Or change password: click "I forgot the password." Under question "Here’s a hint for the password wedding date", click "I still can’t remember the password.". Then Reset System Password by enter System Key which locate on back of the Router (like: ), and your new password, then click "Submit" 7."Set Up Your 2700HG-B Gateway" screen. Keep default "Key Code". Click "Next" 8. "Time Zone". Select your time zone,then click "NEXT" 9. "Set Up Connection Info". Enter "PPP Authentication" information provided by internet service provider. "Username", "Password", and "Confirm Password", then click "NEXT" 10. Screen "Connecting" running... 11. Auto turn to screen "2700HG-B Gateway Setup Complete", click "FINISH", or "EXIT" to complete setup or "Register" to register with 2WIRE on line.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your other computers must be connecting to the Belkin using WEP encryption if the Belkin does not support WPA encryption. Therefore you need to configure the wireless card in the HP with the Belkin's WEP encryption key.
You will need to check the wireless settings of the router is there any computer connected to the router ? If yes then you can open the router set up page on that computer. Router set up page is the page where you can check all the wireless settings of the router. Click here for step by step instructions
Connect the router directly via lan to your computer.
goto setup of the router: usuallly via the ip-adress of your router (see manual, usually: 192.168. ***.*)
Now look at the network security-settings .
No. You do not need to have a computer connected via a CAT5 (Ethernet) cable to the router for a laptop to access the wireless signal.
However, to set up the router to broadcast that wireless signal or to alter some of the wireless security settings you will have to connect directly to the router with a CAT5 (Ethernet) cable.
If you need assistance connecting to that wireless connection, let me know. I have some instructions which can help retrieve the security information from the router so you can connect to the Internet via the wireless signal.
The first thing to check is that both of your computers are assigned to the same workgroup name. Right click 'my computer' and select properties. Change the workgroup name so that they are identical on both machines. You will need to reboot if you change the name one one or both of the machines.
My problem is not being able to work wirelessly with my laptop. My answers to your questions are underlined(I've used your questions to someone elses problem)
One possible issue is your router's wireless radio is not enabled- the light on the router is lite on the symbol for wireless
or the wireless radio is not enabled on the computer you are attempting to connect to the router with - there is a switch on the front of this machine which is switched to wireless.
There are many other possibilities as well. That is why we need you to carefully answer EACH ONE of the following questions.
(01) Which of the following is your router? -->> F5D7230-4 (Wireless G Router)
(03) Are ANY of the computers connected to your Belkin router able to access the Internet? YES
(04) If there are other computers connected to the router that are able to access the Internet, how are they connected? (in each case, please) only this machine is connected but it is by.... (b) wired (using an Ethernet patch cable connected between the router and the computer)
(05) What is the manufacturer and model number of the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
HP Pavilion dv2500
(06) What operating system is installed on the computer you are attempting to access the Internet via the router on?
This machine is operating on Vista but the internet access I have is with talktalk
(07) Have you ever successfully connected (wirelessly) to the Internet from the computer you are attempting to wirelessly access the Internet through your Belkin router on? NO
I hope you don't mind me using your questions to someone else, I thought you might be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am connected to the internet but don't seem to be able to work wirelessly. Lorraine