I've droped my cellphone today in the water and grabed it and dried it i've tried cleaning the battery prongs and Sim slot and i still have the same problem Charging It has a long delay for a message =/ Help Please.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: Unable To Charge/ Insert Sim
I have your same problem but i wasn't able to fix it 'coz i go ta new phon eso i disposed but i know the problem.the flex is the main reason why there is delay w/ the keypad all you have to do is to consult to a technician and i'm sure he'll find that the flex has been damaged and needs to be replaced that is a common problem to all v3 models...very sensitive flex
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should have turned it off immediately then removed the battery and put it in a dry warm place to dry out completely. It looks like the cell phone is damaged and it may not be repairable. You could try a cell phone repairer, I suggest you get a quote as it may not be worth repairing.
Did you dry
the phone and battery completely? If not here is the procedure to take out all moisture
trapped in the phone: Dry the phone, battery, sim card and any accessory, etc. with
cloth and wrap each piece, phone and accessories, in newspaper. Place
a few handfuls of rice into a plastic bag and then place the wrapped phone in
the bag with rice. The newspaper wrapping avoids direct contact of rice
with your phone because the dust from the rice can get into the small areas of the
phone. The newspaper and rice will absorb moisture. Leave it there (with the
bag open) at least 24 hrs.
Clean your sim card with a dry cloth and your phone interiors with a blower/dryer. There might be some moisture. If it doesn't work, your sim is corrupt. Get a duplicate sim from Your sim card supplier i.e. your operator service.
First thing first, remove the battery, do not try to power it on. Then bring it to cellphone repair shop have it clean and thoroughly dry. Commonly if your lucky it can be power on without component turn defective. But sometimes, will damaged the ********, battery, and other component.
Hope you don't try to power it up when it soke into the water, and quickly remove the battery.
You should detached quickly its battery first. It is to prevent further damage to your unit. And dont try to power it on. Then bring your unit to a cellphone shop to have it dry and clean it for you, they will sometime automatically charge for water damage repair.
For minor damage only battery pack will get damaged. Luckily only cleaning and drying will get it running.
Please allow your phone to charge for 3-4 hrs by connecting
it to the wall charger.After 4hrs remove the battery and the sim card from the back and
reinsert it.Then press and hold the power button for 1min.Make sure it
is connected to the charger when you perform these steps.
Try a different battery in it when you are trying to charge if it works your fixed if not it may be as you suspect.
The other way is to try a different chargers well if the prob is still there then it is in the phone and needs a tech to look at it
"unable to charge", "insert sim".
is your phone been dropped or got wet? if unable to charge, when using a wall charger, try different outlets. if using onl one charger, tr different chargers. if it won't work, try other compatible batteries if you would get a charging message. if does not work, have your phone checked with a service center
I plugged my phone up and all of a sudden got the message "Unable to charge" on it. I changed chargers (i had an extra one), i changed batteries (i had an extra one), and i swapped every combination imaginable.
My Razr's plug has an opening to plug the phone that resembles a person's navel, and it got dirt and dust bunnies in it while it was in and out of my pockets. I was able to take an old tooth brush (or your new one if your really desperate), and got a can of office duster that you use to clean keyboards. Turn the can of office duster upside down for a second while you are spraying it and liquid will come out as you are spraying the connector. Immediately after that, use your toothbrush to work it inside the dirty connector to free it from anything that will keep it from making good contact. Then, hold the can of office duster upright and it will only spray air... and blow the connector free of anything that you loosened with the brush. Repeat this process if after all this it still doesn't work... because you have a REALLY REALLY dirty connector if it doesn't work after the first try.
Alright so if you got a new sim it's more than probable that the connection is the problem. Remove your sim and take an eraser and clean it gently. Make sure you have the sim connector properly connected to the sim card, so leave the back off and turn it on I had to slide my sim card around a few times for it to work so try that till the message disapears. hope that helps.