Question about Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Press the MENU button, select the toolbox-1 icon, select "Beep", then select "Off". For full details see the "Using Setup items" section beginning on page 50 of the Cyber-shot Handbook.
Posted on Dec 21, 2012
SOURCE: battery not compatible
it is possible you are using the wrong batteries or instaling them wrong.
theses cameras require better batteries and you may have to pay extra for the ones that will work .
try a different brand.
Posted on May 06, 2009
SOURCE: SONY CYBER SHOT NOT WORKING
Hello samtx930, "turn off the power and on again" its a very commen problem and occurs when the lens block assembly start malfunctioning. Actually the slide motor not work properly and until the lens not come out completely the camera will not work, that's why the error message appears "Access" and then screen shows "turn off the power and on again". In this situation you have to replace lens block assembly.And the part No. is with description is given below: 1-788-363-11 OPTICS UNIT (ED13A) Thanks for using fixya.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
You do not need any Driver or Software to transfer the images from the Camera to the Computer.
1. Set the USB Connection or Transfer mode setting in the Camera menu to Mass Storage or Normal .
2. Connect the Camera to the Computer using the supplied USB cable or any USB cable.
3. The Computer will recognize the Camera (make sure that the recording media containing the pictures (Memory Stick) is inserted in the Camera).
4. Click the Start button and then click the "My Computer" icon (for XP Operating System and for Vista or Windows 7 it will be "Computer" icon).
5. In the "My Computer" or "Computer" window, click the icon that represents the Camera.
6. Click the "DCIM" folder and drag it to the desktop screen of the Computer to transfer the images from the Camera to the Computer.
However, you may download the supplied Picture Motion Browser software for the Camera from this Link.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
I have experience this unfortunately the drive mechanics
motor and more so the gears are plastic when mine dropped it broke a tooth on the gear off the drive motor that drives the worm gear that extends and retracts the lens assembly. this sad to say but the units are not repairable and the assembly has to be replaced owen to the fact that it really is cheaper to replace the assembly than try and repair it.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Testimonial: "thank you. i had heard this before. after wiggling the lens it will go in and out now."
SOURCE: How do I get pictures
You can see the menu copy the internal memory pictures to memory stick using memory stick commands.If any more doubt watch your manual page number 23
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Aug 18, 2009 | Cameras
Jul 27, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Jul 13, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Dec 23, 2008 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
May 26, 2008 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Jul 03, 2014 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Digital Camera
Usually answered in minutes!