We have windows vista home addtion which I have had to reload. I have saved my email messages in a folder how do upload them into the new account? I have tried export but it states it cannot see any files in the folder!! yet when you open the folder they are all there!! can anyone help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
- You can just manually drag and drop using your mouse pointer.
- Or you can make a set of rules so that incoming email should automatically transfer to that folder. Depending on what email client you are using rules can be set up according to your preferences. Refer to your users manual on how to set rules within your email client.
Please follow the following steps to backup your emails from Vista on the memory stick and then download them on in Vista Mail of another PC:
Backup emails on memory stick 1) Browse to the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s Mail folder 2) Open the local folders directory 3) Open the Inbox folder and Copy the contents of this folder 4) Close all windows and go to your desktop 5) Create a new folder and call it MSBackup 6) Paste all items into this new folder. A manual backup of the message store has just taken place. You may now simply copy the MSBackup Folder to your memory stick
Restore emails from memory stick to another PC
1) Copy the MSBackup Folder from the memory stick to desktop. 2) On the desktop, open the MSBackup Folder. 3) Copy all the items in the MSBackup folder and close the window 4) Browse to the c:\users\<username>\local\windows mail\local folders directory 5) Open the Inbox Folder 6) Paste all the items into this folder. Choose yes if prompted to overwrite folders/files. 7) Open Windows Mail. You will notice all the email messages have returned.
Hello you can do it in many ways but I think this is the simplest. copy addressbook 1. go to file>export>windows contacts 2. and save it to same backup folder on your desktop
copy msg 1. create a folder on your vista desktop(backupmail) 2. start vista mail 3. drag your messages that you want to the XP computer to the desktop backup mail folder you most drag emails you cannot drag and drop folders. 4. when you are done move the folder on a USB stick or something and move it to your desktop on your xp computer.
1. go to file>export>windows contacts choose CSV
2. and save it to same backup folder on your desktop
copy your mail account. 1. go to tools>accounts>export 2. save the file in you backup folder on your desktop
then copy the backup folder on your desktop to a usb stick or something to transfer it to your xp computer
your xp computer. import msg 1. paste the backup folder to your desktop 2. open outlook express and drag and drop the msg from the backup folder on your desktop
1. click file import "other addressbook" and choose "text file" navigate to the desktop backup folder and you should find a file to import click OK.
import account settings
1.go to options> accounts 2. then mail tab and click import button 3. navigate to the backup folder on your desktop and choose the iaf file to import
then you are done
good luck hope I helped, get back to me if you need more help.