Question about Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Canon PowerShot SX100 is : Need
Here are the steps to take.
1. Establish whether or not you have a connection between your camera/computer by going to your start button, control panel, system, hardware tab and device manager. The camera must be powered on and in playback mode (should automatically go to playback mode when connected, camera's screen should go black if there is a connection). Make sure you have a fully or nearly fully charged battery in your camera.
2. Once in device manager, look under Imaging Devices. If your camera is properly connected it should show up as Canon Powershot SD800. If it shows a yellow exclamation point, there is a driver issue, and even if it doesn't show a yellow exclamation point, you may want to update your driver anyway by right clicking and having the system search automatically for driver updates. If download of driver begins, great...once finished, restart camera and your problem may be resolved.
3. If there are any other imaging devices, you may have to temporarily disable them to avoid conflicts.
4. If you have any other imaging software running, exit or close the program in your system tray (down by your clock in the right hand corner of your computer's desktop.
5. Try again to connect.
6. If you are on a desktop, try a rear usb port vs. a front port. You can also try a different port on a laptop. After each change, try restarting camera to establish connection.
7. Go to start/My Computer and look for the icon for your camera...you will be able to download images even without Canon software loaded onto computer so this is not a software issue if you have no hardware connection. If you see the icon, right click on it and choose Get or Import pictures. From there the default Microsoft scanner and camera wizard should launch and you will be able to import your images.
8. If still no connection, try going to Start/Run and type in services.msc here you are looking for 4 services to be running. Check under status of each service and make sure it reads that each of these services are started.
If all of these steps fail, try purchasing an SD card reader from your local electronics store for around $12 and download images from there. Canon also offers lifetime technical support for your Powershot, so give them a call if none of these steps work or if you would like someone to walk you through it.
Best of luck to you!
Posted on May 30, 2008
If the option to turn your digital zoom on or off is grayed out then the mode you have the camera set to does not allow changes to that option in that mode. I would try changing to another mode and see if the option is still grayed out. That being said I would NEVER use the digital zoom feature. All a digital zoom does is electronically crop the image in the camera which can be done easier and better once the images are uploaded to your computer. Digital zoom usually produces images of greatly reduced quality. I hope this helps!
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
Lens errors are fairly common. Usually it's sand or grit interfering with the lens extension mechanism. Or the camera's been dropped with the lens extended. Or the camera has been powered on, but the lens had been blocked preventing its extension. Or the battery ran down with the lens extended ...
Here's some things that you can do to try to correct it. They only seem to work for less than 50% of the lens errors, but if the camera is out of warranty, they're worth a try:
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 29, 2015 | Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Digital Camera -...
Jan 08, 2011 | Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera
Sep 14, 2010 | Canon GL2 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Mar 10, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SX100 IS Digital Camera
Jan 13, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Digital Camera
Oct 01, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Digital Camera
Aug 09, 2009 | Fuji Finepix Z20fd Digital Camera
Mar 29, 2008 | Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
199 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: