Question about Maytag Dishwashers
Below I listed 3 reasons why this may be happening and a product that will clean this off for you!
Glasses Are Cloudy/Spotted:
• Select Extra Rinse (select models).
• Check water temperature. Incoming water should be 120°-140° F (49-60° C).
• Always use a rinse aid.
• Confirm that the cloudiness is removable by soaking the item in white vinegar for approximately 5 minutes. If removed, the problem is due
to hard water. Adjust detergent amount being used to match water hardness (pg. 5). Be sure detergent is fresh, stored properly and is a
high quality brand.
• If cloudiness is not removable, it is etching. This is an erosion of the surface of the glassware and can be caused by water that is too hot,
from using too much detergent or by prewashing. Detergent needs food soil to act upon. If etching has occurred, the glassware is permanently
damaged. To prevent further etching, adjust the detergent amount to match the water hardness, stop prewashing, and be sure incoming
water temperature temperature is not greater than 140° F (60° C). Use water heating options only when incoming water temperature is below
Food Soil Remains on Dishes:
• Check water temperature
• Run hot water at the sink before starting the dishwasher.
• Select Tough Scrub™ or Tough Scrub™ Plus (select models).
• Check water hardness and adjust detergent amount accordingly
• Use fresh detergent stored in a cool dry place.
• Select proper cycle for the soil level.
• Load items so they do not block the wash arms or center tower
• Load the utensil basket with some handles up and some down to prevent nesting.
• Do not place glasses over tines.
• Prior to loading, scrape off burnt on foods and wipe the starchy film from utensils used with pasta, rice and oatmeal. These soils require
more energy than the rest of the load to clean.
Items Washed In The Dishwasher Or The Dishwasher Tub Itself Are Stained/Discolored:
• Aluminum utensils or pans can leave marks when they rub against other items. Leave a slight space between items.
• Iron deposits in the water can leave a yellow, brown or orange film on dishes or the dishwasher tub. A filter may be needed, check with a
water treatment company. RoVer Rust Remover (part no. 057961)** can be used to remove rust. Do not use RoVer along with dishwasher
detergent. Fill both cups with RoVer and complete a Normal Wash cycle. Follow with a short wash cycle using dishwasher detergent.
• Color from tomato sauces may adhere to the tub . If light staining has occurred, leave the door open to oxidize the stain away. For
removal of heavier stains, try a citric acid containing dishwasher cleaning product such as Glisten (part no. 18001017)**. Change dishwasher
detergent and be sure to use a dishwasher detergent that contains chlorine to better fight staining.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
The scum, film and white residue problems have started since the reduction of phosphates in dishwasher detergents.
Here is a tip that will help you to solve the problem of films, residue, and scum in your dishwasher.
Dishwasher Residue and Film on Dishes
Dec 28, 2010 | Frigidaire FDB1502RG Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 15, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jun 10, 2010 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
May 12, 2010 | Hoover 24 in. DT999 Free-Standing...
Jan 03, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jul 30, 2009 | Amana 24 in. DWA53A Built-in Dishwasher
May 11, 2009 | GE 24 in. Profile PDW9280JSS Built-in...
Apr 27, 2009 | Dishwashers
Jun 30, 2008 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDI01FLSS Stainless...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: