I purchased a MYBAT USB data cable that I was told would work for transferring data from my phone (such as pictures) to my computer. The cable numvber on the packaging says SAM497RPDCB02. I have installed the driver that came with this cable and I get the message that the driver is installed and ready to use. I downloaded the software that is required to run this:SAMSUNG PC STUDIO PIM & FILE MANAGER 1.0. The problem is that no matter what I do the phone never goes online when connected and I never see my phone appear in the "My Computer" area of my computer. I have contacted the place where I purchased the cable and they stand behind the cable that it will work if I load the driver and the addtional software which I have done. I told them this and they said that I needed to contact Samsung or Cingular for technical assistance. Please help if you can. I have wasted hours trying to get this to work but no luck. Thank you for your time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you need to transfer photos from Samsung phone to computer, the most efficient solution is to use a helpful data assistant software.
You don't need to transfer photos one by one, it can save you a lot time on this thing. So, it is very effective for you to transfer photos between Samsung phone and computer. Transfer Photos Between Samsung Phone and Computer
Normally when you upgrade, your carrier will transfer these items for free also there is a cable you can purchase for about 5 bucks that will let you transfer these items to your home PC. Here is the link http://www.rakuten.com/prod/lg-vx5300-usb-2-0-sync-data-cable/208239684.html?listingId=38816870
I can get pictures off of the original phone. but not messages. I know how to transfer photos to the new phone, but you have to text message them to yourself. obviously, unless you have unlimited pix and data, this will cost you alot on your next bill.
to transfer pictures off of the original phone: purchase Datapilot install it hook your phone to your computer with a USB cable (doesn't have to be a susteen, datapilot, or verizon cable, this can be any cable. transfer your photos.
easier way to transfer these to comp is via bluethooth.
get a bluetooth dongle from an electronics shop, load it to your comp, pair phone to comp and then simply send via bluetooth from the phone to the comp.
No messy cables and works with all bluetooth phones ( ie not brand specific )
The only Analog camcorder that has a USB Connection for transferring pictures or video is the SC-L770. The SC-L770 can transfer video (live or recorded) and still photos through the USB connection. You can also transfer audio using the audio cable provided.
After installing the driver and software, you can begin transferring data using the software provided.
Connecting to a PC
1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the PC.
2. Connect the other end of the USB cable into the proper terminal on the camcorder. (USB jack)
3. Connect the audio cable to the Line input jack of the PC. If the PC has no Line input jack, connect the audio cable to the MIC input jack. In this case, however, a noise may be produced depending on the PC.
* If you disconnect the USB cable from the PC or the camcorder while transferring, the data transmission will stop and the data may be damaged.
* If you connect the USB cable to a PC via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with other USB devices, the camcorder may not work properly.
* In this case, remove the other USB devices from the PC and reconnect the camcorder.
Some other Analog Camcorders have a snapshot mode which allows you to take a still photo with your camcorder. However, you cannot transfer these to a computer unless you purchase additional hardware such as a capture card. Some capture cards have analog a/v inputs which will allow you to use the a/v outputs on the camcorder to connect to your pc and transfer images and video. You can purchase a capture card at most computer and electronics stores. Samsung does not support capture cards.