Question about Luggage & Travel

1 Answer

How much does a travel converter cost? - Luggage & Travel

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 54 Answers

A simple adapter, to only change the size or shape of the plug, is much cheaper than a voltage converter. The former could cost between less than a dollar, to about 7$, it it has a lot of shape and size options. The latter can cost between 10$ to more than 30$, according to quality, brand, size and amounts of options it provides.

Posted on Nov 21, 2013


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Is it possible to use a Franzus 1600 watt converter and plug which I purchased several years ago?

This converter is intended for devices that could care less about the waveform of the "110 volt AC" that they receive, such as items using the current to heat things: irons, hair dryers,...
I would recommend strongly AGAINST using it for "delicate" electronics that really want/expect a clean AC waveform to rectify.
Recommendation: DON'T use it.

Apr 28, 2014 | Franzus Travel Foreign Voltage Converter...

1 Answer

Do i need a travel converter to use my American appliances in Europe?

Yes. You need a travel converte that will both physically adapt your plugs to the sockets, and convert the socket's voltage to one that is good for your appliances.

Nov 21, 2013 | Luggage & Travel

1 Answer

What is the difference between an adapter and a voltage converter?

An adapter is usually a travel converter that simply allows one kind, size or shape of plug to physically fit the socket.
A voltage converter is a gadget that stands in between the plug and the socket and converts the voltage released by the socket so that the plug and therefore the device itself don't get ruined by the wrong voltage.
These two kinds of converters can be combined and have different converting options, to allow its use in multiple regions.

Nov 21, 2013 | Luggage & Travel

1 Answer

I am going to be traveling to southeast Asia. Am I correct in assuming that I should not use a transformer to convert from one voltage to another? If this is indeed correct, could you give me some idea of...

Get yourself a portable Travel Adapter and Power Convertor. The best one we have found in made by BESTEK 200W Travel Adapter & Power Converter, Model # MRJ201GU. Got mine on Ebay for less than $20.

Oct 13, 2013 | Nikon COOLPIX S6000 Digital Camera

1 Answer

I was thinking of buying a travel converter. Can anyone tell me that where i can look up different voltages around the world?

Check out this link. it shows a comprehensive list of voltage levels for countries worldwide;

Jan 17, 2013 | Luggage & Travel

1 Answer

What is a travel converter?

Different regions use different voltages, so a travel converter allows you to use your electric devices in a different region by adding a converter plug.

Jan 17, 2013 | Luggage & Travel

1 Answer

I purchased an aleesi electric kettle in New York in Jan'10. Need to convert to 240volt, which I imagine would require an 'element' replacement, to function in Australia. Can you refer me to an autorised...

Hello. Typically one does not rewire these devices as the cost is prohibitive. Instead use an international converter travel kit available at places like radio shack, walmart, drug stores. Joe

Mar 02, 2010 | Alessi Al384730-640 Cordless Electric...

1 Answer

I am from Israel and our main supply here is 240volt . I bought a BOSCH 36volt drill kit from USA and I am interested to make changes in the charger in order to fit our supply .

look for a travel converter or 240v to 110/120v converter usually the adapter will plug into ur outlet and the charger[or whatever] plugs into the adapter and can convert the power down to the lower i have used mine every time i go to europe the adapters cost between 10 and 15 dollars mine is a one piece multi-use 8 different outlet designs- its easier than rewiring the charger

Feb 01, 2010 | Bosch 18V Compact Litheon Drill/Driver...

1 Answer

Going to Hong Kong with portable Acer (aspire 5024) do I need a converter and an transformer in order to use it. If yes, please specify.

Here is the link where you can fnd several travel voltage converters.
i would get one of the kits that include all countries as the individual converters are almost as expensive and you might take a trip somewhere else in the future.

Oct 22, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet

Not finding what you are looking for?
Luggage & Travel Logo

Related Topics:

118 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Luggage & Travel Experts

Dave braun
Dave braun

Level 2 Expert

105 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

36376 Answers

Bobby Lewis
Bobby Lewis

Level 2 Expert

163 Answers

Are you a Luggage and Travel Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides