if your Wii Remote is not responding It may need to be synced up. I have given you both ways of syncing your Wii. After doing this Please don't forget to rate me as " Very Helpful" & feedback is appreciated - thanks
Synchronizing the Wii Remote with the Wii Console
Synchronizing the Wii Remote to a Wii console allows the
Wii Remote to communicate with the console. The Wii Remote
included with your system should already be synchronized
to your console. However, all additional Wii Remotes you
use with your system also need to be synced in order to function
There are two different modes of synchronizing (syncing):
Standard Mode Synchronization
- STANDARD MODE
- The Standard Mode procedure is used when adding additional Wii
Remotes to your system or if you want to re-synchronize your original
Wii Remote. Once synchronized, the Wii Remote will stay synced to the
console unless you overwrite the settings by syncing the remote to a
different console. For instructions on Standard Mode syncing, please read below.
Note: Make sure you have placed batteries in the Wii Remote
- Press the Power button on the Wii console to turn it on.
- Open the SD Card Slot cover on the front of the Wii console.
Remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote you
wish to sync up.
- Press and release the SYNC button on the inside of the SD Card compartment
on the console. Press and release the SYNC button just below the batteries
on the Wii Remote.
- When the Player LED blinking stops, the syncing is complete. The LED that
is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).This procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added
to your system.
One Time Mode SynchronizationNote: This mode
temporarily removes Standard Mode synchronization setup for all Wii
Remotes until the power of the Wii console is turned off. When the
power is turned back on again, the Standard Mode settings will return.
- Press the HOME Button on a Wii Remote that is synchronized with the Wii console.
- Select the Wii Remote Settings option from the Home Button menu.
- Select the Reconnect Option.
- Press the 1 and 2 Buttons at the same time on the Wii Remote that you
want to synchronize with the console. If you are syncing
multiple Wii Remotes, press the 1 and 2 Buttons
on each Wii Remote immediately (without a significant pause) in the order
you want them synced. The order in which you synchronize
Wii Remotes determines the player order (1 through 4) for multiplayer
games. The Player LED will blink during the syncing process.
When the blinking stops, the connection is complete.