Most of DSL modems are connected to PC with USB cable...
n if ur server is connected with other pc on lan .. you can use internet sharing option available in winxp.
Following are the steps to enable Internetsharing for other pcs.
How to use Internet Connection Sharing
To use Internet Connection Sharing to share your Internet connection, the host computer
must have one network adapter that is configured to connect to the internal network,
and one network adapter or modem that is configured to connect to the
On the host computer
On the host computer, follow these steps to share the Internet connection:
- Log on to the host computer as Administrator or
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet
- Click Network Connections.
- Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the
Internet. For example, if you connect to the Internet by using a modem,
right-click the connection that you want under Dial-up.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the Allow other network users to connect through
this computer's Internet connection check box.
- If you are sharing a dial-up Internet connection, select the Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer on my
network attempts to access the Internet check box if you want to permit
your computer to automatically connect to the Internet.
- Click OK. You receive the following message:
When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP
address 192.168.0.1. Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on
your network. If these other computers have static IP addresses, it is a good idea to set them
to obtain their IP addresses automatically. Are you sure you want to enable Internet
- Click Yes.
The connection to the Internet is shared to other computers on
the local area network (LAN). The network adapter that is connected to the LAN
is configured with a static IP address of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask of
let me know if it helps.