Files will not open on PDA - Medion Pocket PDA MD41800
Had this PDA for a couple of years, but never used it. Have just started it up, and find that I am unable to open any of the pre-loaded Word template documents, or any docs/spreadsheets that I create, or transfer from my pc. I have created a very small pocket excel document, and it appears in the list of files on the pda, but if I tap on it, it does nothing, and if I hold the stylus on it, the menu that appears does not offer me the option to open it. What am I doing wrong? I phoned up the Medion hotline, and they told me to do a soft reset, then a hard reset. I have done both and it still has not solved the problem.
Re: Files will not open on PDA - Medion Pocket PDA...
Since you say you've had it a while and never used it before I suspect the firmware/software may be out of date. The apps that create documents/spreadsheets/etc change over time and the ability to open/read can be lost if you don't update your PDA. Check the website for the device maker and see if you can download updates.
Another thing is to make sure you have installed the attachment reader software (if this is relevant) and turned on the ability to open such files in the settings for your PDA....sometimes for security or space conservation reasons this feature is not on by default. Check in "settings" "options" etc.
Good luck hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
its and old absolute PDA, nobody uses the it has no support now.
2004, 17 years old, you the last ,man standing with this in your hand? iDK
go to HP.com
lick. support forum community
then ask them what to do, expect jeers, endless on any PDA
ask there not here, PDA post here are rare and even not answered .
Let's clarify a few things, when you try to access files on your PDA in file explorer or within a program it will not let you open it. I would try updating your bios and see what happens. Here's a link to where you can get it.
1. Pocket PC is the OS by MS, H/PC is the the old handheld PC, bigger than PDA, smaller than a laptop, Hp made some nice ones. P/PC I thought denoted the Pocket version or PDA instead of handheld. I do not think people use H/pc or P/pc anymore.
2. Back in the orginal days there were 3 processors, MIPS used by casio, SH3 I believe the original Jornadas had it or were they MIPS, ARM is by Intel and Samsung (I think makes it for the 1945 and is what most if not all PDAs use now.