After programming my new universal remote, the tv keeps changing chanels! wont stop!
So the old remote finally stopped working, and i bought a GE universal remote. Now the tv as soon as you turn it on, keeps changing channels. Im not even holding the remote in my hand. in fact, the tv keeps changing channels even when the remote is in the other room! HELP!
things ive tried:
1.unplugging the tv for more than 24 hrs, hoping it would "de-program" itself
2. pressing "menu"
3. pressing channel up and channel down to make it go the other way, didnt stop!
4. removing the batteries from the possesed by -satan-remote!
You need to program your remote control. take the battaries out. and maually turn the tv on. then hit the source you want to view. for example, I want to control the tv set. I push, code search and hold it then push the source button and then release the source button and then release the code search button. now, aim at the tv and then keep pressing power button till it goes off. when the tv is off, hit return or set or something like that.( every remote has different calling for it but still the same function) it should work. try it and let me know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have this same TV and the input cannot be changed with the remote control. Some older universal remote controls can be used with TV. With the newer remoter controls the GE codes do not work and one must use the code scan search and hope that one of the other generic TV codes works (they usually don't). The motorola DRC800 universal remote that comes with some cableboxs will work with this TV when performing the universal code search. Good Luck. I'm junking this old TV and getting a new one as soon as I can afford it. (I bought new in 1994).
Come on, lets try to solve this. Take the batteries out of the remote so it can't interfere and try changing the channels and volume with the buttons on the tv. If this works then someone has spillled something onto the remote and gummed it all out. You simply need to take the remote apart and clean it out. If the buttons on the tv do th same as the remote did then yes, take it back.
HOW TO PROGRAM GE Remote Control DOING CODE SEARCH
1. turn on device 2. press setup (underneath on/off) till red light stays on the take finger off the button 3. press and quickly release device button (tv,vcr,etc.) the red indicator blinds off once 4. press the on/off button (up to 300 times) until the device is to be controlled turns off the red light blinks off with each button press 5. press and release enter to install code