I have ATT DSL too.
Mine came with a Seimens SpeedStream 4100 ethernet ADSL modem. Did yours?
If not what is the manufacturer and model of the unit ATT sent?
Is it hooked up and working? If so continue.
IF you have a Seimens SpeedStream 4100 --
- It has 3 connection on the back
- one for power
- one for a phone line (gray in my case)
- with a separate gray cable
- this is connected to the non phone side of a splitter
- one for an ethernet (yellow in my case)
- with a separete yellow cable
- this may be loose to connect to your computer OR
- connected to another device
- IF connected to another device what is the manufacturers name and model for that device.
If ATT supplied a device other than a Seimens SpeedStream 4100
- Is there anything other than a power adapter and a phone line attached to that unit now?
- What is the manufacturers name and model for that device.
In terms of your ATT DSL service
- How many devices do you intend to connect? Computers, game consoles, etc
- How many connected by wire, if you know?
- How many connected by wireless, if you know?
To you know if your DV4000 computer
- has an ethernet connector?
- has a wireless network adapter built-in?
- IF not can can you look on the label on the bottom of your computer and tell me the full model number is. Please use this Model Link to help figure that out.
Do you have any devices such as a router, wireless router, wireless access point either already connected or to connect to your ATT DSL service?
Please identify the manufacturers name and model number for each device and whether or not it is connected and working.
With all the above I will know where to begin in the process of attaching your new computer to your ATT DSL service. Please add a comment to this issue with the necessary information -- I know it will be long. However you are the hands and eyes of this team and my questions are to get you to tell me things I would know if I was present and installing these devices.